News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Oil Filter

Started by Briker, March 08, 2004, 01:33:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Briker

I'm doing my 500 mile oil change and ran into a possible problem.  I bought two oil filters when I bought the bike. I took one of them with me today to find the correct size filter wrench.  After the fourth auto-parts store this was acomplished. I get the wrench home and it's to big for the filter that came on the bike. I go back to the auto-parts store and get the next smaller filter wrench, which ends up fitting the original on the bike. The original filter (#3k17) is slightly smaller than the two filters (#2a16) that I bought with the bike. The new filter screws on okay, gaskets appear to be the same, but they are definately different filters. I'm guessing one may have been manufactered in the US and one in the UK, and both work fine. I'll be calling the dealer tomorrow to see what they have to say. Any opinions?

Dick Boyer

Yea. Take a screwdriver and drive it through the old installed filter to get it loosened up, then just back it out. Use your new filter wrench on your new filters. By the way, all the cheaper Jap filters fit the Tiger. I buy the Kawi one as it is close to the original and is $7 cheaper.

mailto:Dikboyer@shaw.ca">Dikboyer@shaw.ca