News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Datatool Alarm System

Started by TRKTEK, April 13, 2008, 10:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRKTEK

:(  I may have spiked the datatool alarm system on my '05 Tiger, I've looked into the Datatool website and downloaded some info about rectifying this problem (if it is in fact the problem)
Any advice would be appreciated......

So far it would seem the system is working, I can disarm it, put it in service mode but when I insert the key and try and start, I get nothing. No lights, no dash, and no start. The fuses have been checked and are OK.

I hope it is something simple....

Any suggestions?
The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

John Kenneth Galbraith

TuLane

John,

New to the site.  I'll do an intro next.  I recently bought an 04' Tiger with a data tool alarm.  My system did the same thing(fortunately in the driveway) .  Tried Datatool site and email with no joy.

I took the luggage rack and tail piece off to expose the alarm then reset the system.
1) expose the alarm.
2) use the FOB to go to service mode.
3) disconnect the alarm from the bike harness.
4) use the alarm bypass plug to start the bike.
5) shut the bike off and reconnect the alarm.
6) after that my bike would restart on the alarm system using the FOB.

I actually had to use jumper wires on mine because I didn't have the bypass plug (my dealer didn't have one).  Theres a picture of one on the RAT net using jumper wires.  You jumper 1 to 2 and 3 to 5 on the bike side of the alarm harness and the bike starts right up.  This whole exercise is good practice if you plan on keeping the alarm and happen to get stuck somewhere.  I recently took mine off when I had the bike apart to fix the radiator hoses that were reversed at the factory and never fixed.

Jeff
TuLane
2004 Tiger
1968 Bonneville bobber

TRKTEK

Sorry to ignore you're reply, I just havn't been out to the garage since posting, my daughter broke her wrist at school in drama class today, 2pm until 7pm in emerg.....f#@king lovely....

I'll attempt lift off tomorrow.....

John Kenneth Galbraith

snakebasket

I had a similar experience when I first got my bike (2005 model) and it just wouldn't start. I disconnected the alarm and reconnected (under the tail section) it and it seemed okay until it did it again. I tracked down the previous owner from the V5 and he told me it had happened to him when in France and prior to trading the bike in , he ran it with the alarm jumper plug. It seems that these problems are not uncommon.

blacktiger

My standard fit alarm when wrong as soon as I got the bike and was replaced under warranty. Since then it was OK but I got feed up with it keep arming itself every fuel stop so I ran it in workshop mode but then I got feed up with the beeping as I'm going along so, in the end, I took it off and threw it in a box. Bloody annoying things.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Tiger-G

While we're on the subject of Datatool alarms, does anyone know how to get into the engineer software codes on a S4 ??

I want to have my alarm on / off beeps working.

Cheers,
Graeme.
Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.

iansoady

If it's the same as S3 (which it probably isn't) it's a matter of earthing (or not) one of the wires from the control box - yellow if my memory serves.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

TRKTEK

I feel like a bit of a moron...
My previos post discribing the symtoms of my alarm arming and disarming ok and having nothing on the key, dash, lighting etc.....

Well I went through the "de-spiking proceedure, tried it out and no change... however I wandered around the front of the bike and spied the faintest glow from the headlights....

Needles to say the battery was pooched, took it to my shop, charged and load tested it, like I said totally pooched.  Picked up a new one on the way home and found joy......all is well in Steve's Tiger Land :D

Thank you for the responses and encouragement.

John Kenneth Galbraith