News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Nubee

Started by TuLane, April 14, 2008, 08:09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TuLane

Recently bought a 2004 Tiger and joined the site.  I feel like I know most of the bike already since I've had it apart to fix/remove and Datatool alarm and repair the radiator hoses and cap, flushed the radiator, and change the oil and filter.

I bought the bike from Performance in Tucson.  Just happened to be driving by and saw the bike.  Ive been looking for a Tiger or V-Strom.
The bike only has 2,900 miles on it.  Black with bags and a top trunk.

Anyhow, I spent the first weekend bypassing the alarm after the bike wouldn't start in my driveway.  Tried to get help from the Performance Shop.  These people are clueless.  I actually ending up showing the tech there how to bypass the alarm without a bypass plug.  

The next weekend I went on a ride to Arrivaca, AZ the the bike overheated.  I got the bike home without blowing it up and researched here and the RAT.net on "overheating".  Using the sites, I determined my bike had never had the recall done for the reversed raditator overflow hose or the "crap" radiator cap.  Got it all done this weekend and went on a 2-hour ride Sunday.  Temp never went over 1/2 in trafffic and the fan works great.   I think the previous owner never got the bike sorted out and must of traded it out of frustration.

Long time rider (Im 51).  Ive had a bunch of Harleys and I have an old Triumph Bonneville.  I really got the bug to do some jeep trails and gravel roads when I recently was riding on my Electra Glide around Rosevelt Lake and had to stop when the road turned to dirt and gravel.  Sold the Electra Glide and bought the Tiger.  Now that the Tigers sorted I really like it.

Jeff
TuLane
2004 Tiger
1968 Bonneville bobber

Stretch

Nothing like the satisfaction of doing your own work.  There are lots of good shops out there, but the incompetence stories are just a bit too frequent for my tastes.

Welcome aboard!

John Stenhouse

Get some crash bars on it and get on those trails.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting