News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Ga Tiger owners check in

Started by Jrod, April 22, 2008, 12:55:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jrod

What shops are you using for your major service needs?  I may have to have the headstock bearings replaced on my 2001, and it's probably a good idea to have the valves checked, tb's synced, and new tune loaded while it's in the shop.  I've spoken with Triumph of Cumming, and Atlanta Triumph, Ducati.  I feel like no matter where I go I'm going to get ripped off, so I'm up for suggestions to have the repairs done...

Thanks!

pit0rz

Sadly unless you turn your own wrenches, you'll probably feel like you got ripped off.  Most shops are charging at least $75 to $85 an hour for labor so a fair amount of work like that is gonna cost ya.
Steve P.
'03 Tiger - Luci

WIDGIN

I agree with the above.  I'd call the Triumph dealer in Chattanooga and ask their rates.  Let us know how they compare.
WIDGIN (When In Doubt, Gas It Now)
BRG 2005 955i R.I.P.

Stretch

With the exception of a warranty issue and the downloading the Off-road Tune,  I've done all my own work.

flux

PM fullmonte.  He is involved with a shop in Chattanooga called Moto Compound and can get it done for you I am sure.  

I also like Pro Moto KTM in Woodstock.  They can work on your bike and do good work.  I believe it's $70/hour but they always itemize everything when I get the bill.  

Wish I had more time to learn to work on them myself, alas, it is not there...

FullMonte

After doing the 12K mile service last week at Moto Compound (their tools/bike lift, my labor), I now see why the dealers charge so much.  But if you want it done right, bring it up and leave it for a few days.  We'll take care of it.  However, we can't do tunes or TB synchs because we don't have the electronic equipment.  The Triumph dealer is only 1 mile from the Moto Compound shop.

Stretch

Quote from: "FullMonte"However, we can't do tunes or TB synchs because we don't have the electronic equipment.

You need electronic equipment to do a TB sync?  Can't you use a TwinMax to test all three cylinders (two at a time)?

FullMonte

QuoteYou need electronic equipment to do a TB sync?  Can't you use a TwinMax to test all three cylinders (two at a time)?

Oops.  Scratch that.  He's has one.  I was thinking of the factory Triumph electronic tool.

Stretch

REGULATOR

Augusta Triumph charges about $66 an hour for shop labor... not too bad if you have to take it to a dealer ...  

I thought that was high until I started seeign what others are paying...

flux

Just thought I would bump this to the top.

I was in Moto 400 in Dawsonville today.  I noticed they had a bunch of Triumph catalogs on the counter.  Well, guess what!  They took over where the shop in Cumming left off!  Sweet!  A Triumph dealer right here in town!  They should be getting bikes in within the next few weeks.

droopydawg

ATD is $90/hr.  Except for downloading trouble codes and warranty work, I do my own wrenching.  Did the garage door opener addition this past weekend.

Stretch

Quote from: "droopydawg"Did the garage door opener addition this past weekend.

:headbang

REGULATOR