News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

The dark side

Started by abruzzi, May 04, 2008, 08:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

abruzzi

As I wait for insurance companies and dealers make my tiger whole again, I couldn't really wait.  I had been on a lookout for a KTM 640 adv, but ended up with a completely different bike:

sanjoh

The $ must of been burnin a hole in your pocket :D

Nice bike.
01 Tiger
00 XR650R
84 VF1K
05 R6

pit0rz

Very nice!  How's the collarbone doin?
Steve P.
'03 Tiger - Luci

JetdocX

SWWWWWEEEEEEET! :D
From parts unknown.

abruzzi

Collar bone is good.  I have to see the ortho one last time to make sure he's happy.  The KTM is an interesting bike.  Lighter and lower CoG means I can pick it up by my self when I drop it. (Which I did many time trying to ride through a silt filled arroyo.)

Like a lot of V-Twins I've ridden, the power is deceptive.  It's there, you just don't seem to realize it because it's such a lumpy vibey engine.  It'd probably be pretty evenly matched with a 955 in basic acceleration and power/weight.  Its much more confident (or I am) on dirt or sand than the 955i, but the tiger is a much better long distance touring bike: smoother engine, better fuel economy, longer tank range, more comfy seat.

My friend Bruce has a 950 as well, and he has been working on finding a route from here to Moab (~400-500 miles) all off pavement.  That will be the ultimate test for me on a big bike off road.  Little dirtbikes are easy compared to any of these beasts.

Geof

fano

aeronca

thats a kick ass bike. enjoy
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

WIDGIN

Nice one.  Not as pretty as a Tiger but I'm sure it's more dirtworthy.  Hope this doesn't mean TigerTriple.com will become an orphan like the black site.  :(
WIDGIN (When In Doubt, Gas It Now)
BRG 2005 955i R.I.P.

Stretch

I'll step up if it comes to that.

flux

Quote from: "WIDGIN"an orphan like the black site.  :(

Watch out dude, someone will pull the race card with talk like that!   :lol:

Glad you are enjoying that 950 Geof.  So, did you do a fly n ride or ship it?

abruzzi

Hah, never.  I still have the Tiger, even if it's in the shop for a while.  Just got a brand new set of Thunderbike Crash bars in the mail last week, and the Happy Trail Panniers came today.

Unfortunately we just discovered a hole punched in the clutch cover and broken water pump outlet...

I just can't not ride, so the Katoom seemed like a fun brother to the tigger while I wait.  (And I can tell you, even though it's more dirt worthy than the T, it still sucks badly in the loose arroyo silt/sand.  But being a bit lighter, I can pick it up when it falls every 100 yards.)

Geof

($500 to ship from OR to NM, slow as hell though.  Can't they do overnight bike shipping?)