News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Need owners manual for 955i

Started by Trashmaster, March 31, 2004, 04:01:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trashmaster

I have new 02 tiger being shipped from Calif. The dealer [Ducatti Triumph Yamaha of Marin Calif.]won't give me an owners manual because I posted some stuff on the Yahoo Tiger list group about him being a bum dealer.Triumph wants $36 for one.Anybody got an extra to sell or know where I can download one??Even a xeroxed copy would work for me. Thanks..Trashmaster

Robmac

Hi, I know this is some while after you posted your thread, I don't know whether you have got sorted but I have a manual on CD I could maybe copy for you. Let me know if your interested

Robert

Trashmaster

I sent you a PM. No reply.

Yes, I would love a CD. Send me a E-mail.

Thanks

52blackshadow

I also sent a PM and didn't get a reply. If you manage to get together please can one of you contact me, I''d also like a copy if I may.

Cheers,

Keith.

mailto:Keith_l40@hotmail.com">Keith_l40@hotmail.com

07801 076412  (UK mobile, will call back).
Ride safe!!!!!

robbo

why not stick it on a web site somewhere and let us download it 8)
best Regards

Robbo

whoa

Quote from: "robbo"why not stick it on a web site somewhere and let us download it 8)

copyright

I paid $60 for a repair manual from Triumph for my 01 Tiger since the dealer didn't have an owners manual either.  Very good manual.  Couldn't find a Haynes or other third party product.

robbo

There is a Haynes manual but it covers the whole 955i range ( speed triple, ST, RS, and Tiger ) so its very confusing to read. Having said that for someone like me who will never attempt anything seriously mechanical its good enough as it has the basic servicing and wiring information.

I personally think the triumph manual is over priced at 50+ ukp for a manual you should get with the bike for free. My last bike was an Aprilia Futura which came with a very complete and useful users manual as standard as well as many sites approved by aprilia ( approved as far as I know that is ) which provided full technical specs in Acrobat PDF format on all the Aprilia sports bikes.
best Regards

Robbo

abell

The Haynes is a useful book, sadly though it is out of date if you own a late model 955.
2005 Tiger

2001 Daytona

looch

Quotesadly though it is out of date if you own a late model 955.

So is Triumph's. Sent me on a wild goose chase looking for a vacuum hose that doesn't exist on my '03 (left side of the fuel tank). Makes me wonder what else isn't exactly as depicted - not a real fun thought when knee-deep in a project.
Looch

steveb

If you look on ebay you may see triumph tiger workshop manual on cd for sale by pocket rocket. Be aware that this item covers 1972-80 meriden built bonneville & tiger 750 twin motorcycles, not hinkley cats. My money was refunded, but my request for a more accurate description to be posted fell on deaf ears......

steveb

If you look on ebay you may see triumph tiger workshop manual on cd for sale by pocket rocket. Be aware that this item covers 1972-80 meriden built bonneville & tiger 750 twin motorcycles, not hinkley cats. My money was refunded, but my request for a more accurate description to be posted fell on deaf ears......

steveb

GlenWatt

Quote from: "steveb"If you look on ebay you may see triumph tiger workshop manual on cd for sale by pocket rocket. Be aware that this item covers 1972-80 meriden built bonneville & tiger 750 twin motorcycles, not hinkley cats. My money was refunded, but my request for a more accurate description to be posted fell on deaf ears......

Steve,

Thanks for this I am interested in getting the manual on CD and have been asking this guy to confirm the model it covers, so far with no response.

Guess he hopes I would just order it to see.  :evil:
Glen

Email - mailto:glen@watt.me.uk\">glen@watt.me.uk  

\"The Aussies call us Boring... we prefer World Champions\"

steveb

Hi Glen, he does! He informed me he had not had any trouble before but looking back on his feedback the same thing happened in october. And would only consider refund if I didn't leave unfavourable feedback - blackmail or what? So I'm still looking for a manual for a '99 900. I'd prefer a cd version to the haynes cover-all.

Steve.