News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Rear Fender

Started by sanjoh, May 19, 2008, 02:33:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sanjoh

Is this a stock fender extension?

01 Tiger
00 XR650R
84 VF1K
05 R6

Sasquatch

My dad bought one at the dealer from the Triumph accessory catalog.

JetdocX

To me that looks like something the back wheel could grab and pull into the wheel well on a dirt road over a whoop. :shock:
From parts unknown.

sanjoh

Need something to keep the mud off the topbox!  Trying to decide between this one and a rubber flap.
01 Tiger
00 XR650R
84 VF1K
05 R6

JetdocX

Why?  Mud on topbox is better than mud on back, right? :lol:
From parts unknown.

sanjoh

Quote from: "JetdocX"Why?  Mud on topbox is better than mud on back, right? :lol:

Mud on bottom of topbox near handle = handful of mud when removing topbox!

The stocker is just toooooo short.
01 Tiger
00 XR650R
84 VF1K
05 R6

jammed_stick

Hi.
I'm using the Touratech Mudguard Flap for Tiger 955.
Works pritty well and doesn't look to bad either

stook

Quote from: "sanjoh"
Quote from: "JetdocX"Why?  Mud on topbox is better than mud on back, right? :lol:

Mud on bottom of topbox near handle = handful of mud when removing topbox!

The stocker is just toooooo short.
The rear fender extender in that picture looks similar to one I got from Touratech. The one in the picture looks longer (too long? hard to tell from a picture, even a good one like that) than the Touratech mud guard though. I am using the Touratech extender on my '06. Here is the info from my order confirmation: Mudguard Extension R1100GS & R1150GS, Tiger 955i, F650GS Part Number: 040-0281. Price: $20.40  Quantity: 1  Total: $20.40 Inventory Status: Backordered.

It works great and if your rear tire grabs it, you have way more serious things to worry about than a piece of plastic. The rear wheel would have to move BACK (not up) several inches before it could get a piece of the Touratech mudguard. I can't see much risk of burying the extender in the dirt coming down hard from a whoop, but I don't think you could rule it out. I suppose there is at least that possibility if you went hard core trail riding. Fire roads wouldn't do it though.

My son rides an '01 with the stock fender (and a topbox) and I have my '06 with the extender (and a topbox). We just got back from a trip to the Ozarks (on and off road). My topbox is clean and his is sloppy. I am completely happy with my extender and he has either already ordered one or is about to. YMMV of course.