News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

93 Tiger Steamer for sale

Started by diggerT, June 02, 2008, 12:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diggerT

1993 Triumph Tiger 900.
Very unusual sandstone bronze colour
59,500 on clock though engine was replaced around 2 years ago with what I am told was an engine that has done around 30,000. I have receipt for engine.

I have had the starter (sprag) clutch replaced, a common fault on early engines. The rear shock was replaced last year with a new Hagon so ride quality is excellent. There is still a year's warranty on this. This also brings the height down 25mm which is handy and makes the bike a lot easier to handle for those slightly shorter. The front forks have had new Hagon progressive springs and oil in them so the front is stiffer.
Other features are
Braided steel Goodrich brake and clutch hoses
Rear and front hugger
New chainslider
New Triumph airbox
New Oxford heated grips (under warranty)
New battery
Original triumph stainless exhausts in good condition
Replacement starter motor
Twin relay on headlights so both bulbs are lit on dip
2 x Spare keys
Original owner's handbook
Plenty of mileage in tyres, brakes, chain and sprockets
Tax till 03/09
New MOT 05/09
Haynes manual

Serviced last 18 months by qualified independent mechanic

The bike runs very well, burns no oil, is fast and torquey and returns a good mpg.
Overall it is in fairly decent condition for a 15 year old machine. There are a few minor scuffs and some points with a small amount of rust. A couple of the large fairing bolts are rusted but it comes apart and can be re-assembled easily.
email mailto:nick@longridge.net">nick@longridge.net
Located in East Sussex
Looking for around £1500

harre

The best colour ever, beats my volcanic red steamer easily. Post some pics please. Next owner is a lucky guy.