News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tank Removal?

Started by ThreePutt, June 19, 2008, 06:34:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThreePutt

How do you remove the tank?  Is there a "how to" thread or other source? Pictures would be good too  :D
Tom

2006 Tiger
2009 BMW R1200 RT

Dr. Mordo

Stupid response retracted.
1999 BMW F650

1996 Tiger

ridin gaijin

ThreePutt, I had to do this a couple years ago at the track. It's not as bad as it may seem. I didn't find it necessary to screw with the handlebars. The advice to have an empty tank is valuable! At 6 gallons you want it as dry as possible.

But in general (if you haven't pulled it already) I'd just say don't be intimidated, I got the deed done with minimal tools and, god knows, barely any mechanical know-how.
2005 Tiger in Lucifurry Orange. Always something new it seems...

ThreePutt

Thanks.  I'm on the road and will look at this when I get home.  I'm going to go to Alaska next year and will need to decide if I want to take Tiger or buy something else. Since "remove tank" seems to be the first step in many repairs, I thought I better know how to do it.

Thanks
Tom

2006 Tiger
2009 BMW R1200 RT