News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Mustang's '08 East Coast Tiger Ride Report

Started by Mustang, June 23, 2008, 05:18:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mustang

Let me just say that this was a great weekend and if you missed it YOU better get to the next one , because they are fun and the tiger rider's are the best people in the world .
And for those of you who were there with something other than a tiger you are Great people too !(Hi ya Kay and ex NH girl ) I'd spell her name but I would be so very wrong so ex NH girl  it is !
 Every Morning started off with a meet and greet at 9 am in front of the Blackwater Falls Lodge

groups would form and pick the ride you wanted to do for the day .

My first days ride I chose wv mike and we did gravel most of the day .
Jerry went , and Jason , and John who had the only other lovely real tiger besides mine  :twisted:  :ImaPoser
Mike with his orange tiger , wv mikes wife Kay rode sweep all day with her wee strom

first stop was to see the Blackwater Falls

next was the windmills , isn't that a pretty blue color on Jason's Tiger , it looked even better dirty at the end of the day !

here are some scenery shots from the day's ride

Then we did the dirt up to Spruce Knob was the name of the mtn I think .

After this section of the ride we did Lunch at the Front Porch Resturant in Seneca where you have this great view of the Seneca Rocks from the upstairs balcony .

after lunch was some more dirt and gravel and even a little rain

And up to Dolly Sod's we went

Look at the pretty Steamah

Here's all the bikes at Dolly Sods , and we even picked up a KTM rider for the day who tagged along with us .

on the way back down the road got a little rougher but was still easy going .Here's Jason eating steamer dust

We ended the day back at the state park and Steve and Richard invited everyone to hang out at their campsite for the night and we had a great time telling story's and lies  :ImaPoser  :party
They are from NH  but have transplanted to NC but I felt right at home

One of the riders (sorry can't for the life of me remember your name )who went out with another group had a deer jump him at about 60 mph ruined his weekend but the gear did it's job and all things considered he did well . (he was,nt the only one to taste the pavement this weekend , more on that later )

His tiger took it pretty well considering there was a dead deer stuck between the front wheel and the motor.

The Saturday trip I took was with wv mike and his wife again only today was all paved winding 1 lane country roads that were absolutely fun to ride hauled over scraping pegs ! Woo Hoo !
Then around 2 o'clock I decided that Tigger and me needed to inspect the road surface up close and personal , yep dumped it at about 20 mph on a blind corner . Lost the front end on some wet gravel and tiger went up against the gaurd rail and I tumbled to a stop in the middle of the road .
got a little rash on my hand and had a sore ankle for the next day and that was all , tiger got some new road rash on the right fairing and ground the right front blinker down . Tweaked the handle bars a little but
the saddle bag (ammo can )saved the day . worked better than crash bars . Nobody took a pic of tigger up against the gaurd rail though cuz it wasn't the best spot to be socializing ( did I mention Blind corner )
After my road inspection incident mike led us back to the lodge , I found a room for the night and after dinner we went up to steve and richards camp site for more get together in the rain , everyone brought fire wood except Jerry so he had to sing us a John Denver song , after the first verse we had heard enuff and let him in  :ImaPoser

Next morning was sunday and everyone had plans to leave for home early , I left around 7 am when the fog had burned off so I could at least know where the deer were , saw about a dozen on the way up to I 68 some were not moving (dead) and some liked to tease me

here are some more photos

I'm ready for next year already !

HockleyBoy

I am very jealous :cry: , would love to be that side of the water so that I could join in what looks like a fantastic event.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

fano

Another good Tiger-ride in! I wish I could be there. :cry:  Maybe the next one.

Mudhen

NICE!

Glad those who got up close and personal with the ground are ok.  How long did it take you to get there and back?  Wish I could have tagged along...one of these years I guess...
\'96 Steamer

Mustang

Quote from: "Mudhen"NICE!

Glad those who got up close and personal with the ground are ok.  How long did it take you to get there and back?  Wish I could have tagged along...one of these years I guess...
Took 12 hours to do the 712 miles down and on the way home took a different route and it took 12 hours to go 660 miles .
not too bad but I think we need a Northeast ride in  :shock:

wvmike

Hi Ya Ken,Glad to see ya made it home ok. Was fun riding with you and all the other Tiggers out there. Gonna add a few more pics to your ride report.At least one I'm sure you don't have

Glad all turned out well.Coulda been worse
Some more Random pics

It was a grrrreaaat Time and met alot of very nice folks.
I'm sure we will run into each other again
Mike
You can\'t shake hands with a fist
01 tiger 955i
05 klr
08 KTM 990 S
what could possibly go wrong?

ridin gaijin

A very appealing ride! So many different kinds of road and scenery. Sorry about the get-off (and fauna) though! Very nice and it looks like it was a wonderful get-together. :-)
2005 Tiger in Lucifurry Orange. Always something new it seems...

goosen2002

Looks like this was a popular spot to stop for pics. Great roads and wonderful things to look at. Can't wait till next year ...
Black 2002