News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Steering head bearings

Started by AndyM, June 28, 2008, 07:01:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyM

Has anyone here replaced the steering head bearings? I need to replace them in my 03 Girly. I just received a set of tapered roller bearings from AllBalls, part number 22-1053, and am kind of surprised to get three bearings in the kit, a larger and smaller tapered roller bearings with races and a sealed ball bearing with a snap ring.
My guess is that it's a generic Triumph lit and that I'll use two of the three in the kit?

Tiger-G

I'm quite a competent home motorcycle mechanic, but I never touch the steering bearings. I always leave them to a professional as the results of my mistakes could have fatal consequences.

But, if you know what you're doing - good luck to you.
Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.

Mustang

http://tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,4611

Steamer only uses 1 taper bearing on the bottom , and I believe the Girly bikes are the same .
You may have a kit that replaces the top bearing with a taper bearing .
you will use 1 of the taper bearings and the roller bearing with the snap ring