News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

tire cross ref chart question

Started by aeronca, July 11, 2008, 07:27:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aeronca

ok here's thye question.  my steamer runs 140-80 17 on the rear per the book. i have a 150-70 17 on it right now. i have found several tire's i like, but not in my size, but further down on there list they show sizes like 5.50, or 5.0 or 4.50 etc... rim size.  how do use a cross ref chart for this? some of the manufacturers list that the tires are used on bmw gs, so im sure they'll work for the tiger. any idea's,    thanks     eric
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

aeronca

found a user friendly cross ref chart on web bike world. http://www.webbikeworld.com/Motorcycle- ... e-data.htm

maybe stretch or abruzi could move this to the tire or parts sticky :) .   thanks,    eric
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Stretch

Good idea.  I quoted your post above and pasted it into the Tire Guide Thread's initial post.