News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

My 04 tiger

Started by rjvolt, July 22, 2008, 04:04:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjvolt

Here's my new, to me, tiger on our first trip. I'm still getting used to it's size. I'm looking forward to riding some gravel roads.

I have a noob question. What's the best way to put the bike on the center stand? The previous owner grabbed it from the railing that holds the passenger foot pegs and pulled back. When I tried this it felt like I was going to pull my back.
2004 SV650 (Yellow)
2004 Tiger (Orange)

paulie

nice scoot!!

i get the bike on it's centerstand the same way you describe.. its definitely a heavy bike, but I try to concentrate on pressing down with my leg using as much force as possible.. i find the bike quite easy to get up. do you have the OEM one or aftermarket?
Current Bike: 2005 Tiger in Silver.
Former Bike (also my first): 1980 KZ650

Yukon

I do the same as Paulie.  I have OEM stand and pull up while stepping on the stand.  Not too difficult to if you leverage the stand with your body weight.

I see that this is your first post.  Welcome to the forum.  Georgia Tiger owners are well represented here. :eusa_clap

Jrod

Nice Tiger.  Looks like you bought the one that was for sale in Woodstock?  I'm in Alpharetta, so if you're ever looking for someone to go explore with shoot me a pm.  Congrats on the new ride; you'll get used to the size of the bike pretty quickly.  The centerstand is a bit tricky at first, but you'll get the hang of it - I just stand on the footpad and grab the passenger peg mount and pull back.

rjvolt

Thanks for the info. I'll give the center stand another try. I'm not sure if it's oem or after market.

Jrod, yeah this is the one from woodstock. I wondered if anyone would notice that. I've had the bike for about a week and I'm surprised how quickly I'm getting used to the size. I still need to build my confidence on the twisties.

One think I like about this bike is it gets a lot of looks. I think most people don't know what it is. I've only seen one on the road before I bought mine, but seen a handful of the roadies. But based on the users here GA does seem well represented.

I'll let you guys know the next time I head out.
2004 SV650 (Yellow)
2004 Tiger (Orange)

Stretch