News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

What would my stock panniers and mounts be worth?

Started by Cos, August 06, 2008, 07:50:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cos

Alright, so here's the story:

I'm getting out of the USA in a couple of months. There are a few things i'd like to do to the Tigger before i end up on the island and getting some metal panniers is one of them. Sad fact is, i can't flat out afford to add another set of panniers to the stock ones, so i'd have to sell those to get the metal ones.

So...set of side-bags, Lucifer orange. A few scratches here and there but nothing structural. Naturally, the mounts would go with those. I don't quite know what to ask for them, or if anybody would want them. So, suggestions, offers, etc would be more than welcome and appreciated.

Thanks,

Cos

paulie

I'm curious about this too.

I heard a couple of accounts from fellow riders at the WV ride-in that relayed their difficulty in getting rid of their OEM panniers. They were forced to let them go for FAR less than they were expecting. Not sure if the demand has changed any.

I was hoping to sell mine to subsidize a set of Happy Trails, Touratech, or H&B type boxes, but I may have to eat much more of that cost than I intended. Hell, I may just keep the OEM ones just in case I decide to sell the bike (not likely).  :roll:
Current Bike: 2005 Tiger in Silver.
Former Bike (also my first): 1980 KZ650

TigerTrax

I think that since they have been a standard accessoriy since 2002...
you will only sell them if someone needs a replacement.

Look at it this way.... if you want top dollar... why noit but aluminum.

I know there is someone out there who has quite afew saddlebags... he shows up on ebay now and then.

It's a tough sell.

Buy the Happy trails. If you already have British pounds in a bank in GB.. buy now.... the pound is about twice the value as USD.
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

Cos

Well, ain't that mildly discouraging?  :lol:

Happy Trails is what i'd be aiming for. Unfortunately, moves aren't cheap and i can't release too much in the way of funds. I'm already trying to save up a lil more for a quality rear shock, so expenses are gonna be adding up.  :(

Luggage anyone? Aaaaanyone?

JetdocX

I have a five and some pocket lint.  Does that get me close? :lol:
From parts unknown.

Cos

Quote from: "JetdocX"I have a five and some pocket lint.  Does that get me close? :lol:

You don't need bags, you have gorilla glue.

You gonna be at PJ's tonight?

flux

To answer the ? my 02 did not come with any bags.  I found a new set (the locks were not even installed yet!) on ebay for less than $200.  Got the mounts for less than a hundred, used, from a fellow tt member.  

I was having a REALLY hard time finding the mounts and was about to give up and buy aluminum panniers (the cheapos from klr.net) when Geof chimed in volunteering his mounts to me.  Thanks dude!

Bruincounselor

Quote from: "Cos"So...set of side-bags, Lucifer orange.

I have seen older color bags go for better money than the usual black/blue/grey/green stuff. I sold my Lightning Yellow bags a few years ago for what I thought was decent $$ ($400 IIRC). You might be in luck if you can find a buyer who needs this "old" color. YMMV. Be sure to plan your metal bag purchase so they are delivered before you leave the country - this can take some time.....
Bruin\'

Cos

Boise is a 5 hour ride  :D

I just need someone that's interested in mine. If not, no biggie, they do the job.

JetdocX

Quote from: "Cos"Boise is a 5 hour ride  :D

I just need someone that's interested in mine. If not, no biggie, they do the job.

And they do the job........ :roll:

So what's to sell? :lol:  :lol:  :wink:
From parts unknown.

Cos

Quote from: "JetdocX"

And they do the job........ :roll:

So what's to sell? :lol:  :lol:  :wink:

Will you stop it with the logical comments please?

Now if you'll excuse me, i have to see about blowing more money on a decent rear shock.

Bruincounselor

You are assuming they are in stock and ready to be mounted.....
Bruin\'

Cos

Quote from: "Bruincounselor"

You are assuming they are in stock and ready to be mounted.....

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups, so i don't.  :lol:

Hooligan

Cos, you have a PM.
96 Steamer
07 KTM 950R SE
05 KTM 450 EXC
06 KTM 85 SX
09 KTM 105 SX