News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

A Funny thing Happened on the Way to the FORUM . . .

Started by TigerTrax, August 11, 2008, 10:01:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

I don't get the chance to do off-roading so gonna try some of these next as they've just been released:

http://www.pirelli.co.uk/web/catalog/mo ... _TRAIL.xml
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

FullMonte

Quote from: "TigerTrax"If you are running EXP ...
do us a favor... keep tabs on it's wear and give us your opinion.

Maybe it is a better tire than I have been told... but it appears the higher costs does NOT justify the switch.

I completely burned through a set of EXPs in 2850 miles.  I mounted standard Tourances next and got 6k from the rear.  The front has 7k on it and will be done in 500 more miles.  Loved the performance and quick turn in of the EXPs but the mileage was a joke.  Not worth the dosh unless you're doing trackdays, IMHO.  Maybe I should stop riding with roadracers on the street. :lol:

Dr. Mordo

Tire mileage certainly has everything to do with how you ride.  I am not an aggressive rider.  I have heard of people getting 3k out of a standard Tourance.
1999 BMW F650

1996 Tiger

TigerTrax

Question on Speed Ratings:

If you buy a HR  and VR  tires, is the compound the same?

Will the VR tend to be more 'slippery when wet'.

I have never mixed the 2.... just curious.
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

Mustang

the VR rated tire in the tourance tends to be more sticky when wet ,
with most tires , cars included , the higher the speed rating the stickier the tire .
But alot of other factors will determine the compound for the tire also , IE it's intended use is a big factor.

Look to the left , those are Z rated tires being boiled and it only took a few seconds of throttle to make all  that smoke  :love10 Yeeha !