News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2005 Tiger 955i Head Gasket Change

Started by The Kurgan, August 12, 2008, 11:25:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Kurgan

Photos I took today of my Tiger disassembled and ready for a new head gasket:

More photos the dealer snapped before I arrived. Mostly overlap:

I was expecting the pistons to look a little cleaner on top.  :shock:  The dealer assured me this was normal carbon build-up and that it won't get any worse.

BTW, one exhaust shim was extremely tight (apparently from factory), the rest were on the loose end of range -- to be expected with only 2000 kilometers on the odometer.
[size=84]2005 Triumph Tiger 955i (BRG)
-- TOR Can & Tune
-- Dynojet O2 Sensor Bypass
-- Factory Gel Seat, Luggage & Liners
-- Bestem Topbox
-- Bagster Tank bag & Cover
-- R&G Crash Protectors
-- 55w Fog Lights[/size]

Stretch

The cylinder walls look to be in great shape, too.

Lordy

Ahh. open heart surgery.  All looks good in there doesn't it.  Glad you had success with it.  I am meeting a little resistance on my quest with the oil consumption.  I will fill you in later if you like.

Well done and congrats on a win

Peter
I have been an off road rider for more than 35yrs on and off.  This is the biggest chookie I have had.

\'03 Lucifer Red Tiger

The Kurgan

Yep, all is good (so far)  :D

Please keep us in the loop with your oil consumption issues. I'd be interested to see what the verdict is.
[size=84]2005 Triumph Tiger 955i (BRG)
-- TOR Can & Tune
-- Dynojet O2 Sensor Bypass
-- Factory Gel Seat, Luggage & Liners
-- Bestem Topbox
-- Bagster Tank bag & Cover
-- R&G Crash Protectors
-- 55w Fog Lights[/size]

Lordy

Have a squizzy at the oil consumption posting on here for update

Peter
I have been an off road rider for more than 35yrs on and off.  This is the biggest chookie I have had.

\'03 Lucifer Red Tiger