News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Forks

Started by Nick Calne, September 04, 2009, 05:25:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Calne

Do Girly forks fit in Steamer yokes?  Same height? Same wheel fixings etc?  Anyone done that?   :icon_scratch  If so, is there any suspension performance advantage in this?
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

JetdocX

None.  Trading crappy forks for crappy forks.  Spend your $$$ on some tighter springs and valve emmulators.
From parts unknown.

Nick Calne

I've kinda ground a spot in the base of the forks (crashing) and was just wondering if Girly forks fitted by way of a replacement.  Not a problem now but in the future it may be.

I reckon finding good quality steamer forks is a tough mission these days.  

Agree with you though, some sort of susp. upgrade is probably required either way.

JetdocX

Has the ground portion compromised the structural integrity of the lower slider?  I'd be very worried about that.  Losing your front wheel at speed will probably kill you. :shock:

There should be plenty of good steamer parts from dismantlers in the UK, I would think.  Will they sell you just a lower slider?
From parts unknown.

Nick Calne

I'm with you all the way on the importance of the front wheel.

It isn't a structural problem thankfully!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-6JxZsuNHQ&feature=related