News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Sport Screen Mount?

Started by ThreePutt, August 28, 2008, 07:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThreePutt

Dumb question of the day.

The two things sticking out at the bottom are what the sport screen mounts (pops on) to.  Are these stock or did they come with the screen?  They appear to be what holds the fairing on. There are two plastic spacers (the white part), are they what came with the screen?

Thanks!

Tom

2006 Tiger
2009 BMW R1200 RT

2aRover

The four stock bolts for the fairing are identical; they are black, allen-head shoulder bolts.  From the factory, the two your photo show would match the two down below behind the turn signals.  These must have come with the screen.
I drank what...?

swamper650

Yuppers, they are for the sport screen mounting. Remove them when you attach the stock screen. I think the sport screen adds a lot of menace....' GRooWL" to a Tiger. I enjoy the airflow and no buffeting  of mine.
You don\'t quit riding because you get old...you get old when you quit riding

ThreePutt

OK, so if I read this right, I'll remove what's shown and replace the bolts with black ones.  

Problem is I don't have the black ones.  The dealer installed the screen as part of the deal when I bought the bike.  I guess he didn't give me the stock fairing bolts.  I'll have to take a ride and see if he's still got them.

BTW, the stock screen fits, no problem, with the sport screen bolts.  I've been running it this way for a year.

Thanks!
Tom

2006 Tiger
2009 BMW R1200 RT

FrostedFlake

Does anyone know if a dealer would typically stock just those spacers?  My bike came with a sport screen (unmounted) and the PO couldn't find the hardware.  I'd like to install it at some point, just for grins.

swamper650

You can get replacement windshield mounting screws from Ace Hardware or any retailer selling metric bolts. I think it is a 6mm.  Also some of the on-line motorcycle retailers sell them in plastic.
You don\'t quit riding because you get old...you get old when you quit riding

ThreePutt

Thanks, but I don't need the screen mounting screws, I need the two faring bolts.

I'd like to sell my sport screen, but the bolts in the pic above would need to go with it.  I need the fairing bolts to replace them.

I could probably remove one from below and try to match it at the hardware store.  Does anyone know the size?
Tom

2006 Tiger
2009 BMW R1200 RT

FrostedFlake

BikeBandit.com shows the bolts and related hardware as:

3: SCREW,LGE SKT HEAD,M6X22,BLK S
M6 X 22MM 5576249-001   Enter 0-99  $2.79  
4: FLANGED SLEEVE, PLATED
M6 BLACK 5575791-001   Enter 0-99  $3.25  
5: GROMMET
SERIAL NUMBER 71698 AND BELOW 5558790-001   Enter 0-99  $1.16

(under "Control & Brake", then 'Cockpit" on their schematics).

ThreePutt

Most excellent, thanks!

It looks like all I'll need are the M6 X 22mm bolts.  The sleeve and grommet won't need to go with the sport shield.

Quote from: "frosty5555"BikeBandit.com shows the bolts and related hardware as:

3: SCREW,LGE SKT HEAD,M6X22,BLK S
M6 X 22MM 5576249-001   Enter 0-99  $2.79  
4: FLANGED SLEEVE, PLATED
M6 BLACK 5575791-001   Enter 0-99  $3.25  
5: GROMMET
SERIAL NUMBER 71698 AND BELOW 5558790-001   Enter 0-99  $1.16

(under "Control & Brake", then 'Cockpit" on their schematics).
Tom

2006 Tiger
2009 BMW R1200 RT

FrostedFlake

Cool.  Now if I could find those spacer/bolts to secure the sport screen ...

ThreePutt

Thanks everyone.  A quick trip to the hardware store solved my bolt supply problem and Tiger is back to her original/stock self.
Tom

2006 Tiger
2009 BMW R1200 RT