News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Does Size Matter

Started by monty, September 03, 2008, 09:27:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monty

:oops: I'm 5/10" but have a longer torso and shorter legs.  I love my Tiger (2008 Black) but really a little tall in the saddle for me.  I traded a Bonny for it a couple of months ago.  Just wondering if any members might have encountered this same problem and found a way to lower an inch or so.  I have front and back setting on soft but still can't flatfoot it even with thick soled boots.  Thanks.
Bill Montgomery

JetdocX

Why do you need to flat-foot it? :?
From parts unknown.

monty

Quote from: "JetdocX"Why do you need to flat-foot it? :?
Guess it really isn't that big of a deal but just don't feel as steady as I did on the Bonny when starting and stopping in heavy traffic.  Probably will get a little more accustomed with additional riding as only have about 700 miles so far.
Bill Montgomery

JetdocX

Buy some Gene Simmonds Kiss Army motocross boots. :lol:

You will look marvellous.
From parts unknown.

curt

QuoteWhy do you need to flat-foot it. :?

You kinda get used it unless your Stretch. Got my bike a year ago and started with the seat in the low position to get my feet on the ground. Now the seat is in the high position cause I like the riding position better and my feet don't exactly touch. Better ride.
So many roads, so little time

Stretch

Quote from: "curt"
QuoteWhy do you need to flat-foot it. :?

You kinda get used it unless your Stretch.

http://tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,7

rxcoop

i bought the lowering plates which dropped it just enuf....didnt even need to push the front forks up or modify the side stand.  just needs an extra bounce to get it on the center stand...

"If you are 28 ins. or longer inside leg and struggling to touch the ground,  These rear suspension lowering plates are for you, and around  50% cheaper than other manufacturers prices ------  £37.00 including  post & packing G.B------ $85.00 including airmail & packing to  USA.  If interested contact me at mailto:mick416818@yahoo.co.uk">mick416818@yahoo.co.uk
            Cheers mick. "
07 Tiger1050 w/abs (ok, seeing a pattern..a black one)
<applicant for "Official Pharmacist of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame" (r)>

2004Tiger

Here's an idea. My 2004 seat should adjust low enough for you. Trade?
2004 Tiger. Black is beautiful. If I don\'t ride a little every day I get a little crazy.