News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

AGM batteries

Started by 97tiger885, September 24, 2008, 08:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

97tiger885

Anybody know anything about AGM batteries?   Someone suggested I switch over to this type.  The description I got is that it is an acid cell battery with densely packed lead plates with fiberglass insulation between plates and a smaller amount of acid to reduce sulfation.  Supposedly very tough, so ideal for bouncing around unpaved roads.  I am told that this is the stock battery for HDs.  Any suggestions/info would be appreciated.  I am using a gel battery in my K100RS.  Nice when the mc falls over as spilling is not a problem.

JetdocX

AGM is the future.  I have one in my Tiger (Deka brand).  They are available pretty much anywhere.. Durable and non-spillable.  I think it's the only logical choice for battery replacement on a bike. 8)
From parts unknown.

93TigerBill

Just fitted an AGM to my '93. Replacement fit, bonus as it is 18 AH, and a much higher CCA! And retains charge much better.
Bill
Bill  IBA# 45911
Newcastle, Australia
\'93 Tiger Caspian Blue
130,000 km & counting!

armadillo76

I've got a 96 that wouldn't start this morning (had to reschedule at the dentist but spent the time finishing the yardwork. I wuld rather have been riding!). I plugged in the battery tender and charged it up.
So, I'm looking for an AGM (I guess, same or similar to deep cycle marine?) that will handle the cold of NH best. I should be able to keep a battery tender on it much of the time now but it will be in the cold. Either at work or in the unheated shed.
What is my best choice and what fits my Tiger?
Thanks, AndyB, Nh, 96 Tiger w/ 95 Sprint engine.

JetdocX

Is your battery box the same as mine?  If so try a Deka Powerspors ETX15L.  It works in mine.
From parts unknown.