News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Steamer Oil leak

Started by tigerni, September 29, 2008, 03:38:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigerni

Hi Guys
New Tiger owner here would like some advice.
My steamer leaks oil from the left crankcase cover worst when running and this tricles down and drips on exhaust.
I took it off and fiited a new gasket with some loctite red but this leaked as well, I then tried another sealer which does not need a gasket and this too leaked.
Can anyone recommend what I could use to seal with or without gasket (I have another on order) and can anyone advise could the oil ignite on the exhaust.
Thanks

Mustang

I bet it is not the cover ......I would replace the clutch pushrod seal on the crankcase as I wager that's where your leak is !
No it won't flame up it will just smoke a lot  :D

tigerni

Hi Mustang
I have checked the clutch and its fine and unfortunatly sad that I am when I start the bike I have the crankcase all claened down and watch for the leak with a mirror it just ozzes out at the lower ends of the cover radius then if on sidestand travels to end of cover and drips off, if bike is upright it travels down the crankcase then falls on exhaust.

Mustang

time to buy a new cover then . sounds like the one on there has been warped , possibly from uneven or over tightening .