News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Suspension travel question

Started by wolmis, May 05, 2004, 10:39:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolmis

In a previous post a guy presented his 4 cm lowered Tiger. It was accomplished by turning the chain adjusters 180 degrees and sliding the front forks upwards in trees.

As a vertically challenged person I would really appreciate this kind of mod on Tiger. I just wonder if there is enough free play between the rear tire and fender after this mod? Secondly, is there enough room for the front end to work in all positions, for instance, when braking hard? I haven't found suspension travel info on brchures, so:

Does somebody know?

Wolmis
The biggest obstacle in the way good things happening to you is yourself.

BykBoy

I never had suspension issues with my lowered cat. I'm 5'6" and 180 lbs. It's worth it!
2001 Black 955i Tiger

Save $5 when you open a SmugMug account. Use the following coupon: 4l1hicJzWvYNE

wolmis

Quote from: "BykBoy"I never had suspension issues with my lowered cat. I'm 5'6" and 180 lbs. It's worth it!

How about with pillion and full bags - like 400 lbs?

thanks anyway,

Wolmis
The biggest obstacle in the way good things happening to you is yourself.

BykBoy

No problems with a pillion and the factory top box loaded with day trip provisions (food, snaks, water, a blanket, etc...).

I had an issue with the Thunderbike sump guard scraping the road. I had to remove the ~1' spacer between the TB engine guards and the front mounting arm. More detail here. http://www.triumph-tiger.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=188

If I'm going on a long trip with all three bags loaded with gear, I rotate the rear thing back up. I do this because the weight of the gear compresses the suspension which gives me the same seat hight anyway. It only take smoments to do with the center stand so why not...?
2001 Black 955i Tiger

Save $5 when you open a SmugMug account. Use the following coupon: 4l1hicJzWvYNE