News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

clutch side prep

Started by abruzzi, October 23, 2008, 08:03:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

abruzzi

Before I open up this weekend, I'm trying to ensure I have the tools, so can someone tell me what size (metric I assume) the clutch center nut is?  What size are the ring of pressure plate bolts?

thanks,

Geof

Mustang

Quote from: "abruzzi"Before I open up this weekend, I'm trying to ensure I have the tools, so can someone tell me what size (metric I assume) the clutch center nut is?  What size are the ring of pressure plate bolts?

thanks,

Geof
The pressure plate bolts are 10 mm heads there are 5 of them that hold the springs in . Remove those and the pressure plate lifts off freely .

remove the fiber plates and steel plates and with a suitable tool or a steel and fiber plate bolted together (you'll have to ruin two plates to do this ) you can remove the center hub nut , which is 30 mm

when replacing the shaft for alt. with updated shaft be very careful that the sprag clutch does'nt fall into the case ..........because then you are gonna have to split the cases  :shock:  :shock:

if you look at 12 oclock position above the clutch you can see the bolt head for the alt shaft behind the gear !

Dr. Mordo

I had to replace the bolts on my clutch when one broke off under very little tension.  Thankfully there was plenty of slack so I grabbed it with some vice grips to extract it.

If you replace them, use the highest grade bolt you can find.  Extracting broken bolts sucks.
1999 BMW F650

1996 Tiger