News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

External fuel filter?

Started by outrunner, October 30, 2008, 07:16:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

outrunner

Has anyone fitted one? Is there any reason not to replace the tank filter with a length of pipe and then fit an external filter as it would be one less fiddly job to do when service time comes along. Having said all that I have not really looked at my bike to see if there is a suitable place to put an external filter.  :(

Andy.
Every day above ground is a good day!

Sasquatch

I changed mine at 25k and it was no big deal.  For as infrequently they get changed, I dont think the trouble to place it elsewhere would be worth it.  Just pay attention to where you get fuel.  Saving 3 cents a gallon is not worth putting cheap crap in my tank.

That said, I was surprised at the amount of crud that collected in the bottom of the tank.  When you change the filter, drain your tank (duh) but then let it dry out before reinstalling.  When dry, take a moist paper towel and wipe out all the nooks and crannies in the bottom of your tank.  Being able to do this is a benefit of having that big cover off the side of your tank to change the filter.