News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Don't Wave At The Photographer

Started by Stretch, November 06, 2008, 11:07:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stretch

Act cool and give the man a little wave.  That'll make for a good photo.

That's the way...

abruzzi

Damn.  Those things can't fall over very far.

Geof

Dr. Mordo

First, you can see that in the first pic the dude is almost in contact with the ground. Crazy!  He's barely leaning it.

Second, he's lucky there was no oncoming traffic.

Third, ATGATT.
1999 BMW F650

1996 Tiger

aeronca

sometimes its better to look good than to feel good - naaaaaaah. i'll take my atgatt. hope he didnt get hurt to bad.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Mustang

Looks like US129 .............The Dragon
More Morons ride that road than have the brains or capabilities to !
Ever seen the tree of shame ? It's got a lot of sportbike parts hanging from it ! Everybody thinks they are Rossi  :shock:

sometimes there is even some car parts

But hey he did look stylish for the little cool wave to the cameraman .
It is real easy to get going too fast and then run out of road , the dragon claims another !

Stretch

I hate that road.

Fifteeen years ago, my sister lived in Knoxville and I would ride up there to visit a couple times a year.  Back then, the Deal's Gap folks weren't marketing the road as an attraction, so traffic was pretty light.

Now it's a damned zoo.  I was up there about a month ago and sportbike dudes were passing me inside my own lane.  Jackasses.

Every time I ride Deal's Gap, I swear it's the last time, but then I somehow get talked into it again.   :roll:

walker

Here is the article those pictures are in.... some others too. That dude got away with a small rash and that's it!

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/features/122_0706_killboy_website_photos/index.html

abruzzi

Quote from: "Stretch"Every time I ride Deal's Gap, I swear it's the last time, but then I somehow get talked into it again.   :roll:

Consider this an open invite to anyone that wants to try better than Deals Gap: Rt. 191 in Arizona.

100 miles that took us 5 hours to complete, amazing views, amazing tight twisty turns, no traffic, no side rails, no soft landing if you slide off the road (500+ foot drop in many sections.)  It used to be Rt. 666, and deserved the name.  I stopped at a plaque commemorating a Buell rider that seemed to have fallen a 1000ft or so.

The road runs from Clifton, a Copper mining town, to Alpine, a mountain town.  It is paved all the way. (Though there are some good dirt trails nearby.)

http://www.arizonaroads.com/us/us191.html

I live about 4-6 hours away, and if anyone is passing through the area, I'd be happy to take you.  (In addition to the 100 miles of 191, there are hundreds of other great roads nearby.)

Geof

Stretch

I enjoyed US 60 / AZ 77 between Show Low and Globe.  It winds through the Salt River canyon in a couple spots.  They were resurfacing part of it when I was there though (Sept '97), so there were traffic snarls and waiting.

What's funny is, there are a half-dozen equal or better roads within 20 miles of Deal's Gap, on both sides of the NC / TN border, but if you're just passing through on 129, you're stuck with the foolish traffic on the hyped-up Tale Of The Dragon.

zombie

I enjoyed deals gap in the wet as everyone else pulled off or didn't bother and I had the road to myself. In the sun was a total pain in the arse because of the moron factor , saw a couple of nasty spills that were completely avoidable
I prefer the ride up to Suches , less traffic and nice place to ride.

Stretch

Lots of great riding around Suches... Wolf Pen Gap Road, Hwy 60, & 19, Neal's Gap between Turner's Corner and Blairsville...

zombie

I'm planning a road trip to the in-laws in Atlanta around easter.
I'll be sure to give ya a holler and we'll go fer a spin

Stretch

There are quite a few of us in the area.  We have the makings for a pretty good mini-rally.  You'll have a bike at your disposal?