News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

any runners out there?

Started by aeronca, November 11, 2008, 12:42:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zombie

running bores me to tears
I'm a dedicated handball player with some squash tossed in for good measure

DaJudge

My poor knees will no longer tolerate running.  After daily knee pain forced me to give up full-contact karate, I took up road bicycling (now 60-80 miles/week).  Knee pain went away even though I didn't lose any weight.  

It's a great "ex-runner's" exercise and only about the same danger level as MCs.  Time to go play in the traffic. :shock:

watchdog

Running is alot like riding, you either get it or you don't!! I tell people I run and they ask why? Ever been bitten by the golfing bug? Same thing, not really all that much fun but you've just got to keep doing it!!!!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

aeronca

i hear ya bro. even with all the bad weather we have been having, i still had to go. i even made chains for my shoe's so as not to whipeout on the ice covered streets :D (though i could have bought them at rei). it's interesting running in snow and ice, way different workout on the legs - reduced to strictly 5k run's. now that its melting off i can bump back up to 7 - 10k. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE>
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

1speed

Yes I run, but I really went and did it now, I just signed up for the "Miami Man" half Iron Man Triathlon in November! I hesitated as I hit the enter key on the keyboard, but I conned a friend of mine into doing it too. "Misery loves company" as they say!

I've done one cross country marathon, three half marathon trail runs (four after tomorrows race), and several six hour solo mountain bike races on a single speed, but I think this will be the toughest thing I've done yet. Oh yeah can't forget the "Trail to Trail" race every year: 8 miles on a mountain bike, switch and do 30 miles on a road bike, switch back and do another 8 miles on the mountain bike. And that one is in August in central FL. Of course it doesn't start until 10 am to insure it will be extra hot.

Plenty of time to train, I suppose. Lets see, the last time I swam was how many years ago? DOH!, this is going to be interesting.
Jim
97 Tiger

aeronca

i havent worked up the nerve to run a race yet - but thats going to change soon. there are a couple local 5k's coming up, and in the spring a real short triathalon. i may give them a shot ( i suck at swiming. if i could just tread water for a half hour i might be competetive :D )

by the way, does any one use a suunto t3c? i use one and really like it, but wonder sometimes if i should bought garmin.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

aeronca

well, after 4 years of faithfull service,5 flat tires,2 broken frame bolts, countless bearing repacks, three trip computers, 4 heart rate moniters,5 handle grip retapes, i have decided today to officialy retire my cheap-o 50 dollar used in-step runnig stroller with only 2571.0 miles on her.i was wanting to go 3000, but oh well. she was a faithfull ship - i named her the Pequod(from moby dick), cause it alway's seemed like i was chasing a white whale on the running trail :lol:
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!