News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Thanks Vets

Started by JetdocX, November 11, 2008, 05:57:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JetdocX

How many vets do we have here?
From parts unknown.

Dr. Mordo

1999 BMW F650

1996 Tiger

TigerTrax

It's about 5:45 Central Time...

All the vets should getting home from work about now....

I was looking to see if any bank employees, postal workers, federal guberment peoples, or the dog catcher were home yet....

ah... that's right .... they got the day off ...

I have to go rake some leaves.....

US Navy here ... No Slack from Heavy Attack !
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

REGULATOR

not everyone got the day off....

Stretch

Working also.  Quiet day so far, though.

Tom Herold

21 years of active duty service, retired in 2006 and now a federal law enforcement academy instructor.

They gave us the day off so I spent it in the garage wrenching on a buddy's bike.

Many thanks and my eternal gratitude for those still serving.
1999 Triumph Trophy 1200
2002 Triumph Sprint ST
2005 Triumph Tiger

"When people believe you to be the fool, why open your mouth and remove all doubt....??"
Gen. George S. Patton

haulin' daze

"21 years of active duty service, retired in 2006 and now a federal law enforcement academy instructor. "

What do you teach at FLETC? I know a guy in the firearms division down there.

JetdocX

Well then, thanks to the five of us.  Especially thanks to the ones who have had lead flying their way (I'm not in that group).
From parts unknown.

Dr. Mordo

I have had a bit of lead flying my way, but the worst was when we departed the runway into a minefield.  Nosegear malfunction.  We came running out of the plane and heard people yelling, "stop running, you are in a minefield".
1999 BMW F650

1996 Tiger

cbxtc6

Missed this yesterday. (Yes, I had to work)
USMC/USAF 17yrs total

Stretch

Quote from: "Dr. Mordo"I have had a bit of lead flying my way, but the worst was when we departed the runway into a minefield.  Nosegear malfunction.  We came running out of the plane and heard people yelling, "stop running, you are in a minefield".

C-130?

Dr. Mordo

Yep.  1970 E-model C-130.  Almost certainly in the boneyard now due to wing spar cracks.
1999 BMW F650

1996 Tiger

Tom Herold

I'm at the FLETC in Charleston, SC. Part of the Maritime Law Enforcement Academy staff.
1999 Triumph Trophy 1200
2002 Triumph Sprint ST
2005 Triumph Tiger

"When people believe you to be the fool, why open your mouth and remove all doubt....??"
Gen. George S. Patton

haulin' daze

The guy I know is with the firearms division at FLETC Charleston.

I was never in the military, just the Air force.  :wink:

Tom Herold

My 21 years were in the AF, all of it either under a ruck sack, or jumping out of perfectly good airplanes.  

I've always held the metality that the people enabling others to put direct fire on the enemy is a warrior in their own right.  Without those folks making it happen, I couldn't have accomplished my missions during my last 2 tours in Iraq and 2 in Afghanistan.

Thank you for your support and service, I still appreciate it to this day.

I'm in the Defensive Tactics branch at the academy. It's a small world, if you're ever up this way give me a shout. We'll ride over to the beach and I'll buy you a beer!
1999 Triumph Trophy 1200
2002 Triumph Sprint ST
2005 Triumph Tiger

Gen. George S. Patton