News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

For posterity's sake

Started by Dr. Mordo, November 20, 2008, 06:45:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Mordo

I have finally solved all but one of the problems on my bike.  It turns out that the big problem -- the one that made it run rich, but also made it drop a cylinder from time to time (which seemed like disconnected problems at the time) -- was float height.  About three weeks ago I adjusted lowered the floats by about 1mm (from 14.5 to 15.5mm), and since them it has run like a new bike.  My gas mileage has gone up a little, and it does nothing but purr. No smoke, no dropped cylinders.  I thought it was a coil or maybe the pickup sensor, and replaced all to no avail.  1 freaking millimeter of float height.

The one remaining problem - the clock is disconnected.  Not really disconnected because the wires are cut.  Several months ago I said to myself that I would fix the clock last, and now it looks like it's time.

So, thanks to everybody for all the help.  This bike hadn't run in years when I got it, and between the Haynes book and y'all I got it together.  I have to say that I really like this bike.  I ride my F650 once or twice a week to keep it up and running, but the Tiger makes me very happy.
1999 BMW F650

1996 Tiger

JetdocX

Congratulations, Doc. :D
From parts unknown.

paulie

Glad to hear you got the beast fully revived! I'd been following your tribulations from afar.

Along similar lines, I could never get my old KZ running again after I decided to do a carb rebuild. Turns out the floats weren't working properly.. The guy I sold it to had it fixed and purring in a few hours.  :oops:  :roll:

Now go ride! (you CAN still ride there, right?)  :evil:
Current Bike: 2005 Tiger in Silver.
Former Bike (also my first): 1980 KZ650

Dr. Mordo

Oh yeah, I ride every day to work.

I haven't owned a car since last February.
1999 BMW F650

1996 Tiger

HockleyBoy

Nice one, not having to pull the Tiger apart every other week will give you loads more time for riding  :D  Enjoy!
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

cascadetiger

Victory is sweet!!!!!