News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger computer wallpapers/backgrounds?

Started by paulie, December 09, 2008, 12:14:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulie

So having just received a splendid(and quite large @ 24") new LCD monitor at work, I tried to find some nice wallpaper/background images of Tigers to show off. Doesn't seem to be any good ones out there, at least that I can find. They either have large ugly logos on them(I'm looking at you MCN) or are far too small to be useful. Ideally, I'm looking for ones that will fit 1920x1200 resolution, but I realize that may be asking too much and will take anything I can get really.

So, I figured I'd ask here! Does anyone have some nice wallpaper they would be willing to share?

I do have some friends who are brilliant graphic artists who would be willing to help me create some, if I can collect some high-res images. I have a few of my bike that I'm going to have them start with at first, taken with my 7 megapixel point+shoot. Not going to be super top-notch, but I'm planning on gussying up my bike in the spring and have my photographer sister take some nice shots for this purpose with her DSLR. If anyone has some special shots they would like turned into a nice wallpaper, let me know. (Obviously they are doing this as a favor to me, so turnaround time is not guaranteed by any stretch of the imagination)

I'm also curious if a wallpaper section would be worthy of the Photo Album here on tigertriple.com?  8)  It would be cool to have a go-to place to find Tiger related wallpapers, as there doesn't seem to be one on the internets anywhere that I can scare up.

I'm curious to hear others thoughts on this topic!!

Cheers
Current Bike: 2005 Tiger in Silver.
Former Bike (also my first): 1980 KZ650

abruzzi

Since I ride alone most of the time, my pics either have no bike, or have the bike unmanned--not action shots.  That said, for the time being I've up'ed the size limit on the photo album (see button above)  Maybe I'll make a special album for high res wallpaper pics.

Here is a sample:

Geof

Also, I'm moving this to gallery.

John Stenhouse

Paulie, you can have a look in Flikr and see if any of the Canada photos suit your idea, your welcome to use any that you find........ignore the 2cv bits  :oops:

Link here:http://www.flickr.com/photos/22387844@N05/
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

cbxtc6

JetdocX

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Lemme know if you want more.
From parts unknown.

ChrisN

Chris

ChrisN

Chris

paulie

wicked awesome stuff guys!! keep em comin! 8)

KuzzinKenny

some great picky`s !! my only problem is, i need to join 2 monitors together to see them   :lol:

is there now no limit to size ?

KK

Ok !! i think i`ve found it ?

Maximum file size (bytes):     1000000
Maximum image width (pixel):    3000
Maximum image height (pixel):    3000
Allowed to upload JPG files:    Yes
Allowed to upload PNG files:    Yes
Allowed to upload GIF files:    Yes

so its 1mb, right ? and how the #### do you count pixies ??

dumb it down please !!

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

paulie

Howdy Kenny, the wallpapers in this thread are generally bigger in size, as I'd requested some to fit my 24" LCD computer monitor. Not sure about the size limit on posting pics now, can't speak to that.

But really, these could be resized to any size you want.. Using a webpage even. Save them to your computer then head to http://resizr.lord-lance.com to resize them. (that's just one of many sites that do this)

But, what resolution are you running on your PC? You'll want to know that first. If you're on the Windows you can right click on your desktop and choose Properties. The resolution will be listed on the Settings tab. That's the size you're aiming for when you resize.

Cheers!