News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

I think Neil Peart Just Joined Up

Started by JetdocX, November 05, 2008, 06:34:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JetdocX

From the bottom of the first page:

"We have 2112 registered users" :lol:
From parts unknown.

blacktiger

That was a bit of a rushed post.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

adrian jones

will we be "moving pictures" in this "fly by night" operation............

I get the "signal"

"hold your fire"!!!!

Sorry, just had to show some "grace under pressure" while I "exit stage left"

:D    Rush who???????
Trying to reason with hurricane season.........

Kiwi Tiger

Do I get points off if I had to Google see who Neil Peart is?
Silver 2006 955i Tiger

Bixxer Bob

Sorry,  I even googled Neil Peart and still don't get it.... :oops:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Mustang

the OP was referring to a Rock Band   RUSH   inparticular the album 2112 by Rush

Stretch

"2112" is one of their better albums.  The first side is a mini-concept album, while the flipside is a collection of unrelated singles.  

The story is orwellian in flavor, about life in the year 2112, where the Priests of the Temples of Syrinx control every aspect of life,  including poetry, literature, and music, which are strictly regulated.

A teenaged boy is out walking in the woods one day, and finds an acoustic guitar in a cave behind a waterfall.  He's so excited about making his own music, that he takes the guitar to the priests, thinking that they'll reward him for discovering a new way to beautify the world.

Instead, they chastise him, telling him "it's nothing new... just a waste of time", and they seize the guitar and destroy it.

In his despair, the boy kills himself.

My fave track is the "2112 Overture"...

Anywho, Neil Peart is the percussionist, and is among the very best in the world.  During shows, his drum riser is assmbled around him, and he is surrounds on all sides by his intruments.  I'm a big fan.

He also does long-distance motorcycle rides, on a BMW GS.

He wrote a hell of a good book a few years ago, called "The Healing Road", about getting on the road to help him recover from the deaths of his wife and daughter.

Cleaverid

I saw them just this summer on the Snakes and Arrows tour, they were amazing.  Geddy blew me away with his Bass playing. Neil and Alex weren't too shabby either.
Always look downstream

blacktiger

For me the best was Hemispheres.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Cleaverid

Hemispheres is one of my favorites too. 2112 overture live was amazing also though.  Limlight is another fave track of mine.
Always look downstream