News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Who had the metal fuel fittings???

Started by Sasquatch, May 17, 2004, 10:17:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sasquatch

After having my plastic fittings fail, I want to make sure this never happens again.  Someone posted a location to get replacements in metal.  Does anyone have the url.

Jay

NortonCharlie

Team Triumph in Janesville Wisconsin has them.

http://www.rideteamtriumph.com/intro.htm

They are a bit salty.
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando

Sasquatch

Thank you.  I will get a set ordered today!!!!

ZANO

My dealer told me last weekend that Triumph will be recalling these fittings sometime within the next month or so.  As soon as they can get all the paperwork together.

The down side is that the recall will replace the current "dry break" fittings with "wet break" ones.  Get your hemostats ready.

TigerKen

Quotereplace the current "dry break" fittings with "wet break" ones

Where did this info come from? I work at a Triumph dealer, and the letter they sent me didn't reference that at all.

Sasquatch

I agree.  It seems that every dealer seems to have different information on this recall.  I guess we will have to wait and see.

But bottom line is this.  Very few people take their tigers the places I take mine.  Places that you just can not get a tow truck no matter how much money you have.  For that reason, $70 for a full set of metal fittings, both male and female, is worth every penny.

The tow bill I had last week because of the failure cost me $280.  Alot more than $70.

tigerowner_ut

The recall is true I looked it up.  NTSA Campaighn ID: 04V156000

Covers all 1999-2004 Tigers as well as many other models.
Cheers,

David

99 Yellow Tiger: Triumph Exhaust, Heated Grips, Cee Bailey +6 Windscreen, Rick Mayer Saddle, Metzler Tourance Tires, Happy-Trail Panniers.

03 WR450 (lots of mods)

86 TT350 (the tank....Gone)