News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Memorial Day weekend ride

Started by Dave in IL, January 14, 2009, 05:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave in IL

I'm planning a ride around the NW corner of Illinois (Galena area) during Memorial Day weekend. It will be 5 or 6 bikes, a couple of my riding buddies, myself and one of my buddy's teenage son, my daughter and possibly her best friend. The last three just took the MSF course and got their learners permit last fall, this will be their first relatively long trip.

Tentatively we are planning to camp Saturday, Sunday and end up home  Monday evening. I thought about staying at the Mississippi Palisades State Park for a base. However the state park doesn't take reservations and may be busy. I was wondering if anyone could recommend some other campgrounds in the area. Galena is 180 miles or about three hours from home, so we are considering leaving Friday, depending when everyone can get away and where we will be staying.