News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

1999 Tiger (damaged) - SOLD

Started by RickV, February 13, 2009, 07:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RickV

Selling my Tiger that got rear ended by a 4 wheeler.  Bike has just over 58K on it.  Engine runs great, doesn't leak or burn oil.  Tranny shifts smooth.  Recent valve adjustment (only 1 valve). Replace all coolant hoses last year.  Just rebuilt the forks (new springs, seals, oil).

Here's the damage:
•   Most of the plastic including fenders, fairing, windscreen.  The tank has a few scratches, but is OK
•   Mono shock is bent bad and would need replacement
•   The exhaust sounds fine, but is damaged (dented silencer and bent exhaust).
•   Not sure about the swing arm.  Looks OK & the bike tracks straight when pushed.
•   Same with the frame.  Appears to be OK, but it would need to be checked out.
•   The forks appear straight, but the triple tree bracket is crooked.  I don't think it's damaged, just need to be loosened and realigned.
•   One engine crash bar damaged
•   Foot pegs (rear)
•   Luggage (saddle bags & trunk)

What's good:
•   Engine, tranny and drive (chain & sprockets)
•   Wheels & tires
•   All the electronics, including gauges, ECM, lights, ignition stuff, etc.
•   Handle bars (Pro taper hi), mirrors, levers. Cables
•   Fuel tank (some minor scratches) & a couple other plastic parts
•   Seat (it's OK, just had it removed to check the battery)
•   Brand new battery
•   I have a clear title on it.

This bike would make a good rebuild project or parts bike.  Lots of good stuff that goes for high dollars still on this bike.  Will include a Haynes shop manual.

Currently located in Ennis, TX.(40 miles S of Dallas).  Buyer will have to pick up.  Would rather sell complete than part out.  $700 obo.
Email for pictures or more details:  mailto:hamer-guy@tx.rr.com">hamer-guy@tx.rr.com

Dr. Mordo

pm sent - very interested
1999 BMW F650

1996 Tiger

RickV

jmurguia

Dr. M.,
  Let me know if you need help haulin back to our area if you think it will fit in the back of an 05 Tacoma (it has the towing oackage if you have a trailer)... , JCM
2006 Triumph Tiger - BEST BIKE I\'VE OWNED!

REGULATOR

if whoever buys this doesn't need the engine bars and they are ok let me know.,  id also be interested in the rims  :-)

Dr. Mordo

I have yet to hear anything from the seller, but I see that he posted it over on ADVr and it sold 13 mins after he posted it.

So, thanks very much for the offer to help, but I don't think I'll need it.
1999 BMW F650

1996 Tiger

RickV