News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Frogg Toggs as overpants=it works

Started by AUtiger, February 16, 2009, 02:02:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AUtiger

Today I rode in to work at 28F. I don't have all the proper cold weather riding gear due to my economy. I normally ride in just blue jeans which can get a bit airy at 28F. I have the proper gear for my upper body, just not the legs. Today, just to experiment I threw on my new Frogg Togg black rain pants to see how they performed at blocking the wind. Jackpot! they did great as windblockers for the legs. So until I can get some real overpants, frogg toggs it is. The jacket/pants combo was like $50 on sale and stows just about anywhere.

REGULATOR

also suggest as an option, hitting up a surplus store,  some one size larger winter BDU pants, or rain paints etc may be the ticket ofr anyone else lookign to go cheap or dirty

Tom Herold

I run Frogg Toggs in the Summer, you can almost set your watch to the 3pm afternoon thunderstorms. I found the Toggs to be a perfect light weight suit for the heat of the South East.

For a Winter/cool weather alternative, I'd recommend hitting up your local sporting goods stores since their snow gear's probably on sale. I have a $40 pair of snow boarding pants I slip on when needed. They're wind and water proof!

I wear mesh riding gear when the weather's warmer, I like my proper protection, so the Toggs and snow pants are kept on the bike for those "just in case" moments.....
1999 Triumph Trophy 1200
2002 Triumph Sprint ST
2005 Triumph Tiger

"When people believe you to be the fool, why open your mouth and remove all doubt....??"
Gen. George S. Patton