News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2005 Tiger

Started by ATDRS, May 29, 2004, 04:48:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ATDRS

I was at the dealer today as he uncrated an 05 silver Tiger and it was love at first site.

When I went to pick it up this afternoon they could not get it to run correctly so it still sits at the shop. Not the best way to to start a relationship.

Shop believes that the o2 sensor or computer reading it is fouling up as it reaches temperature. Anyone else had this problem?

ATDRS

Update.

A bad crankshaft position sensor was the culprit.

Picked up the bike this afternoon and promptly did 150 mile runabout.

I'm coming off of a 900# cruiser, (Royal Star Venture) so the Tiger sure seems light and nimble.

IMHO the new cast wheels look much better in person than they do in the photos.

Ride Safe!javascript:emoticon(':wink:')

bigjca4

If you don't mind me asking how do you like the tiger?  I was considering one before I bought my yamaha roadstar, and now that I've paid off my roadstar I'd love to get in financial debt again for a new tiger.  I like the seating position on the roadstar with feet out front but no performance.  I used to ridea sportbike.

orangetigger

I came off of a 2001 Harley Electra Glide to my tiger and yes your legs get a little tired after a 400-500 mile day. but you can cover that ground alot faster on the tiger and when your legs are bothering you, you just roll on the throttle and run through some twisty pavement and the big smile on your face takes your mind right off of it.
2003 955i lucifer orange

cee baileys windscreen

triumph centerstand

ATDRS

I just arrived home after picking the bike up at the dealer's . They did the 600 mile service for me. Nothing found amiss and they were able to get more of the shipping oil off too.

Can't wait for the offroad can and trunk to arrive. I already have the "performance tune" installed and it seems to run awfully strong.

I'm 6'-6" and 280# and am planning to have the seat built up for even more leg room.

As I was told, the Tiger is really a sportsbike that's comfortable, and they aint wrong.

blacktiger

"I'm 6'-6" and 280# and am planning to have the seat built up for even more leg room.

As I was told, the Tiger is really a sportsbike that's comfortable, and they aint wrong."

I describe it  as a sport bike for the big and tall set.

I too am 6"6"  but  I come in lately at ~315.  Who are you getting to do your seat?

I  assume that you set on that dammed gap between the pillion and the "normal" seat?

I'd like to make a one-piece seat like a dirt bike or something.  One  inch taller at the back and straight into the tank.

Not until the winter tho...

BMSBIKE

02 Black
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.