News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

'98 Tiger on CL (Redding, CA)

Started by BR, February 17, 2009, 04:57:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BR

Not mine....just passing this on...could be an easy fixer for someone:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/mcy/1037707661.html

1998 Triumph Tiger 885 less than 5000 orig miles - $1500 (Redding, N. CA)

I am getting rid of my 1998 Triumph Tiger. I bought it about 6 months ago from the original owner. He dropped it the first year that he owned it, then parked it. It went down in at a slow speed on the right side. I found an NOS tank and seat. The tank was even the right color! I spent about 4 or 5 hours cleaning it up and pulling all the plastic off of it. I cleaned up the carbs and ordered a few parts and it roared to life. It currently only fires on 2 cylinders. I think that it has a bad coil and a/or a bad pick up or cdi. Not the end of the world. It still needs the right side of the fairing, and the windscreen. The fairing frame can be straightened. When the rain stops I will wheel it out and take pictures. I am selling it for what I have into it. I may be interested in a trade, if it makes sence to me. If cash, $1500 is the least I will take. First come first serve. I will not hold it. If you want it come and get it. Email and I will send you pictures. You must send phone number if you want a reply so that I know you are serious.

Dr. Mordo

Paging Mr. Jetdoc, your parts bike has arrived...
1999 BMW F650

1996 Tiger

Dr. Mordo

And if it has the Keihin carbs I might want to buy them from you if you're interested.
1999 BMW F650

1996 Tiger

DesertDog

pretty sure that it is the same bike I tried to get my hands on last year.  Same description, area and same story.  Wonder if something is up as he is getting rid of it so soon or if the economy has just caught up to him.