News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

handle bars pro taper fit?

Started by Gary, March 02, 2009, 04:59:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

Appreciate advice on renthal pro taper handlebar fit & simular bend as stock for 955i. Thanks, Gary.
 :idea:

Mustang

If I recall correctly , unless you are using bar risers you will need to get handlebars that are an 'ATV' bend.

On the steamers you need to use an ATV bend also ,or bar risers .
On 1 of my steamers I have a 'CR HIGH'  bend but am using an 1 3/4 inch bar riser also .

BykBoy

For my 01 Tiger, I got the ATV Mid Pro Taper bar. I also use 2" risers. You will have to figure out a way to screw your bar ends since the Pro Taper does not have built-in bolts like the OEM bars. You will also need to to drill holes in the bars for the starter and turn signal seitch assemblies. If you have heated grips, you iwll need to drill holes for them too.

I like the Pro Taper bars more then the stock. They give a more aggressive riding postition and more comfortible for riding while standing.
2001 Black 955i Tiger

Save $5 when you open a SmugMug account. Use the following coupon: 4l1hicJzWvYNE