News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

19/43 works for me

Started by brad1098, March 11, 2009, 10:15:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brad1098

I might be the only guy running this combo. Had some questions on how I liked it.....I wouldn't have it any other way.  Been running this combo 8,000mi.

Front 19t is one up from stock and the biggest I could buy so I went to a 43t rear and is -3 from stock.

Still loads of power, torque, same MPG, and not so buzzy from over reving the engine on hwy.  It still tachs plenty, and easy enough in first in parking lots, fields, etc.

6th gear crusing
3000rpm = 52mph
4000rpm = 67mph
5000rpm = 82mph
02 black-Lorna

sanjoh

You must ride on the street all the time?

19T front for the road - Will idle at 15mph so off road the clutch gets a serious workout, not recommended.

17T off road - Same mileage as above, wheelie heaven!

I carry both on trips.

Stock 46T rear sprocket.
01 Tiger
00 XR650R
84 VF1K
05 R6

2004Tiger

Brad, I like that. I only ride road so it appeals to me. Lots of wide open country out here.
2004 Tiger. Black is beautiful. If I don\'t ride a little every day I get a little crazy.

brad1098

Idle speed for 19/43 is about 9mph on my bike.  Very do-able in soybean fields, forest roads, rock levees. Anything but serious off road where the tourances and the 500lb tiger is out of place.  Thats when you take the Husky 610, oh wait, I sold that, dang.
02 black-Lorna