News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2009 iditarod

Started by aeronca, March 13, 2009, 06:28:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aeronca

the 2009 race is on :D  http://iditarod.com/
Lance Mackey is doing well.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Stretch

He's in the lead by 40 miles today.

aeronca

right on, thanks for the update. i've been out of it for a couple of days, sitting out here in colorado, so i havent been keeping up.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Stretch

I watched "White Fang" last night and everything.  :mrgreen:

aeronca

lance is kicking ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(white fang is a great flick. havent seen it years, so now im gunna have too :D )
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

coachgeo

Quote from: "aeronca"lance is kicking ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(white fang is a great flick. havent seen it years, so now im gunna have too :D )
Is lance a member here or something? You guys seem to know him.
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

Stretch

I wish I knew him.  Lance Mackey is a cancer survivor who won the race in 2007.  Everybody said it was a fluke, so he went out and won it again last year.  And he's doing well again this year...

http://www.iditarod.com/race/

He ought to be close to Nome by now.  He left White Mountain (the last checkpoint before Nome, about 70 miles out) at about 2am Alaska time, so he's been on the trail  about nine hours.  

Dude is a hard mofo indeed.

Stretch

Mackey did it again.  He crossed the finish line with 15 dogs at 11:38 am Alaska time today.

His overall time was 9 days, 21 hours, 38 minutes, 46 seconds for an average speed of 4.76 miles per hour.

Badass.

aeronca

Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

coachgeo

Winning something like this comes from good training.  So hats off to him for doing a shiat kicking good job of training him and his team so he could end up at the peak of the winners lineup.
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

aeronca

this guy's doing well - never heard of him befor, but love the pic.  instant avitar :D
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Kiwi Tiger

Griz Adams boy maybee.
Silver 2006 955i Tiger