News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

new member.... Howdy folk

Started by coachgeo, March 14, 2009, 07:55:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coachgeo

Came to keep my mouth shut mostly, read alot, as a few questions.  Not good at keeping my mouth shut though  :lol:   Smack me with a 2x4 if I get carried away.

Hi Mustang.  Followed one of you guys to over here from Adv. Riders.

Got a 97 Tiger off Craigslist for 600 buks.  it's up around San Jose CA (anyone out that way can store it for me till end of june?)  I'm in TX.  It has a bad motor and Rat paint job.  Plan is to put in a Diesel (search "Diesel Tiger" on Youtube)

got a 3" belt drive w/clutch for engine to tranny
got a Ultima 6speed tranny.

Need Lombardini/kohler LDW-KDW 1003 engine now and bits and pieces.

anyone got a connection with a Kohler dealer?

Hope to learn from yall what to upgrade/fix while I got things apart for the engine swap.  

Thanx in advance
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

aeronca

wow, thats gunna be awsome, welcome aboard :D
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Dr. Mordo

Welcome and good luck.  I don't know how much we'll be able to help you since none of us are running diesels, but Mustang's knowledge does seem to be never-ending!
1999 BMW F650

1996 Tiger

coachgeo

So far the concensess is I should consider new front springs and rear mono shock.  Also chain guides should be checked.  

Might need to attempt to straigten part of the frame above the rear wheel.  Mustang things it may be bent judging from the pics.  I see his view.  It "might" be straightenable if so.  Redneck way- got chains and torch and a come along :P  and trees.  chain it between trees, heat it, tug at it and slowly pull it straight LOL.  

Will see.  Couple backyard machine shops and welders around these parts too

JetdocX

Missed the part about storage.  Part of my garage is available if you need to store it.  You sure that basket case will make it back to Texas???? :?
From parts unknown.

coachgeo

Quote from: "JetdocX"Missed the part about storage.  Part of my garage is available if you need to store it.  You sure that basket case will make it back to Texas???? :?
hmmmmm.... interesting.

By the way I use to live in Sparks.  Directed/Coached programs at a Gymnastics school behind Wild Island.  

It will get trailered or trucked back to TX.  Our national championships are in San Jose June 23-28th.  As of today all our kids at a level that can  qualify to nationals have now all qualified.  Some plan to drive so my plans are to reinburse one of them for some of their fuel in return for  bringing it back.  Thus the storage desire.

I do not know how I could get it to you in Reno and then back to San Jose.  It's in Palo Alto right now.  Open to suggestions

JetdocX

I spend a fair amount of time in the northeast bay area.  And I have a pickup.  It's going to cost you a few beers if I have to drive to SJC, though!  Maybe even an engine for parts! :lol:
From parts unknown.

coachgeo

If your serious PM me Jet doc.

Most crucial would be timing in returning it to San Jose in June while I have folk that way to bring it back.  

Beer and first dibs on parts (highly discounted) could likely be worked out.  I fully believe in the barter system and don't expect something for nothing.  If I had the funds to ship it normal way I would.  Just don't.  That's what happens when you own a biz these days.  Employees get paid and the owner don't.  Been that way over a year now.  Taking a job to keep biz open.

BR

Coachgeo and Jet-Docx,

...I may be able help out on the storage. I'm in San Jose about 6 miles south of downtown.  I can store your Steamer until June which should help out on the logistics.
Coupla questions/comments:
1) Is the purchase done, bike is just waiting for pickup?
2) You're going to have to get it to my place (my neighbor had a pickup at one time but it's gone now unfortunately).
3) Slight chance I may not be around week of June 23-28 [Tues-Sun]when you're in town. Minor issue... I could put it at my neighbor's place if needed and you could get it from them (no worries, I have good neighbors).

Regards,

Brendan Reitz
'98 BRG Steamer
'86 Nighthawk 700s