News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Need some torque values please...

Started by flux, March 16, 2009, 10:31:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flux

Hey kids, doing the chain and sprockets for the first time on my 02.  Can't seem to find the torque settings for the rear sprocket bolts.  

Through much looking I did find where Stretch says the countershaft sprocket nut is meant to be set at 97 ft lbs.  Correct?

We should develop a chart for commonly needed torque values.  Most things I can feel out but chain and sprockets I won't do that to.  My KTM manual states most of these settings... shame the Triumph manual that came with my bike is basically rough toilet paper.  

Thanks in advance!

Stretch

Yep, 97 ft-lbs for the countershaft sprocket nut.

40 ft-lbs for the rear sprocket nuts.

*Torque values from the Triumph 955i Tiger workshop manual.

Good idea about posting torque values.  I'll work on it later and link it to Girly Wisdom.  Maybe Mustang can do one for Steamers, since I don't have a Steamer manual.

flux

Quote from: "Stretch"Yep, 97 ft-lbs for the countershaft sprocket nut.

40 ft-lbs for the rear sprocket nuts.

*Torque values from the Triumph 955i Tiger workshop manual.

Good idea about posting torque values.  I'll work on it later and link it to Girly Wisdom.  Maybe Mustang can do one for Steamers, since I don't have a Steamer manual.

Cool Stretch.  Cheers.  Jumper5392 PMed me on ADV with the settings as well.   8)

Got it all wrapped up and ready to ride.  

Speaking of which, when are you gonna do some riding with us DOGs???

Stretch

When I'm invited, I reckon...  

flux

Dude, everyone's ALWAYS invited.   :thumbsup   I will let you know next time I am headed over that direction.  

Have you seen or heard from that other guy that used to post here a lot from GA?  What was his name?  He rode with me once and messed his leg up, had to ride to the ER in Dahlonega... I think it started with a 'W' perhaps...

flux

Stretch

WIDGIN, When In Doubt Gas It Now.

It has been about a year since I've seen Roger.  He and TigerRider met HappyMan and I in Atlanta for lunch one day when HappyMan was in town.  He's not posting on ADV either.

Maybe we should be more diligent in brushing our teeth?

flux

Yup!  Widgin, you got it.  He was a nice dude, wonder what happened.  Surely our oral hygiene isn't THAT bad!   :oops:

Stretch

Maybe it's just a busy time of year.  I have his number.  I'll give him a shout.