News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger IN a trailer... gutted camper

Started by coachgeo, April 13, 2009, 12:53:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coachgeo

hey.... anyone got a bright idea on how to get A mid 90's erra tiger thru the door of a travel trailer camper?

I have a gutted camper  scamp trailer I might could use to pick up a bike I bought.  Maybe two bikes.  Thinking of ideas on how to get them to TX from CA
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

Stretch

Pull the handlebars and luggage, and bribe a few friends to wrestle 'er in.

coachgeo

handle bars are ???? 4 bolts?  How much room does the cables and wiring allow the bar to turn or drop off to one side?

Stretch

Yep, four bolts, 6mm allen.  You'll probably be able to wrap up the handlebar in an old blanket, then turn it crossways (parallel with the bike) and lash it down on top of the bike, keeping all the controls in place.

coachgeo

Mustang

Quote from: "Stretch"Yep, four bolts, 6mm allen.  You'll probably be able to wrap up the handlebar in an old blanket, then turn it crossways (parallel with the bike) and lash it down on top of the bike, keeping all the controls in place.
not if its a steamer

Stretch

Why not?  Unbolt the bars and turn them a few degrees, so the ends are narrower than the door.

Mustang

you might get away with it but the clutch hose and choke cable and throttle cable and brake line don't offer much slack to move the bars like you are suggesting , would be easier to just strip the controls off the bars and remove them completely

Stretch

And that wouldn't take much effort.

Let 'er rip.

TigerTrax

Cut slots in the trailer!
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

Stretch

Funny story...

When I was a rookie firefighter, we answered a call to assist an ambulance crew in lifting an obese patient.

Eight of us slid him onto a tarp and then using the tarp as a litter, lifted him onto the stretcher (gurney).  We were able to wheel him from the living room to the front door, but laying down, his sides bulged out so much that he would not fit through the doorway.

We tried two or three different ways, even rubbing the doorframe and his love handles with cooking oil.  Nothing.  Too damned fat.

The old Sergeant finally told him,  "Look here, cuz.  I'm about to the point of firing up the chain saw and cutting a big hole where that door is.  Unless you can get up and walk to the porch."

And he arose and walked.

"Be HEALED!"    :mrgreen: