News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Temperature gauge question

Started by 514Advrider, April 03, 2009, 04:57:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

514Advrider

Hi all,

I just picked up an '03 Tiger, with TOR pipe and off road tune. The bike runs great and I'm loving it so far. Only thing that leaves me a bit puzzled is that the temperature gauge stays low at all times. At highway speeds, it is just barely (1-2mm) above the 2nd bar from cold, and in traffic never higher than 1/3 of the scale. I hear the fan kicking in here and there, at about 1/3 or so of the scale, which seems low. I am thinking it's either a bad thermostat or gauge calibration is off. Any thoughts on that? Thanks for your help.

Stretch

Mine runs about the same.

PeteH

Quote from: "Stretch"Mine runs about the same.

Same here, reckon the sensor is out in the breeze :roll:
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

514Advrider

So you guys think it's not affecting the fuelling?

mrazekan

My 02 does the exact same thing.

At first, I thought the fuel map would not change since it was staying so "cold."  I thought I had a stuck open thermostat problem.  I changed the thermostat and no change in the temp behavior.  I am running a K&N so I decided to get the off-road fuel mapping.  The only seriously noticeable difference is that it takes longer to get the fan to kick in when idling in my driveway.  This make sense as a lean condition will run the bike hotter.

So I say if it is between the two middle lines, even if just barely, it is fine.  A hand check of the hoses show that the engine is definitely at temperature.  So again, if between the lines, it's fine!