News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger Owner hits the ' O-S**T Zone

Started by TigerTrax, April 12, 2009, 09:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TigerTrax

After 2 glorious days doing my 24K and buttoning everything up....
I slapped on my new OEM top box and dropped in my CORBIN Dual canyon seat ( which I have owned 2 years). As always it was a snug fit..
and as always it only required a pop with my hand....

At the same moment it locked in..... I realized.... the OEM requires a
FWD push to remove whereas my GIVI was a simple lift and back to remove.

I am now in my 'O-S**T zone. Asking forgiveness for stupidity.

As I see it. The ONLY way to solve the problem is to remove the rear fender liner and unbolt the luggage rack and remove ( with the anticipation that I have enough room to push the bolts thru and slide the luggage rack off.

You do not have to tell me how you have resolved this issue.... but if for some reason you have..... let me know. Of course names, location, yadda, yadda, yadda.... will be kept in confidence.

Meantime.... lowering BP, cooling off, and eating an Easter egg!
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

Cos

I'll send you my OEM seats, you send me the Corbin...problem solved.  :lol:

Seriously, now that i've stopped laughing...that sucks. Maybe if you shaved the back of the Corbin a bit? Or, you could call them. I know they do something to the Canyon to make it fit with the OEM top box.

Why'd you dump the Givi?

Bixxer Bob

I'm struggling to understand the problem here,  are you saying because the seat's a tight fit and you slapped it down you can't now unlock it, and it's obviously in the way of removing the OEM topbox.  If that's right, my gel seat used to be very snug, and needed a firm shove to lock down, but to unlock it, all I used to do was lean on it hard - enough to take the pressure off the locking mechanism,  then turn the lock to free it and lift off.  

Worth a go??? :roll:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

TigerTrax

Shazbah....
Free at last!

The real issue was the back of the Corbin seat.
It slants down & back... but the top lip is just enough to wedge it in.

What I did was unscrew the the top box from its mechanism ( from insuide)... it is still attached at the front.... that gave me some wiggle room. So while tying the lock in the OPEN position; Lifting the back of the seat and at the same time pivoting the top box L to R..... it popped free!

Seat and top box intact: no runs, no drips, no errors!

So I have left the O-S**T Zone to the  DDTAYDF Zone! ( you figure it out)

The next best news.... Navy snipers send 3 Somalie pirates with severe leakage to Davey Jones Locker. Our man is rescued.

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "TigerTrax"Shazbah....

The next best news.... Navy snipers send 3 Somalie pirates with severe leakage to Davey Jones Locker. Our man is rescued.

I read that on BBC web news.  They bit off more than they could chew for a change....

It was always going to be worth playing the long game - the pirates must have realised that if the American died, they would die, and they couldn't survive in that small boat for very long.

Seems the pirates grossed $84m last year so still a lucrative industry for them though  :evil:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

TigerTrax

Cos says...Why'd you dump the Givi?

Have not dumped GIVI...
Had a chance to p/u OEM top box.... 2006 now 100% Triumph.
+
2  GIVI 45 bags
1 Givi universal top plate
+ 2 GIVI Std locking plates
+ 2 GIVI Side mount racks ( I don't know what for ...)
+ HT Panniers
+ Triumph Tall Screen
+ Triumph OEM Seats
+ Extra Gas Tank
+ Extra Front Fender
+ OEM Exhaust  ( Running a RotLe Polished Stainless pipe)

Good Grief... what is all this crap?
It used to be ... just buy a motorcycle and ride it.....
when it quit.... throw it in the corner of the garage and get another!

Mustang

an evil addiction  

EvilBetty

I'd have to agree... I've ebay'ed my share of parts that I didn't need.

In fact today I bought a brand new OEM top box for $29 + shipping.  But without the lid...  I knew it didn't have a lid when I bid on it... but now I have to hunt for a Lucifer orange top box lid along with my endless search for a LH pannier lid, and front fairing...  :x

The fairing is about $400 new, the pannier lid about $200... no idea on the top box lid, of if they can even be ordered anymore.
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

HockleyBoy

Quote from: "EvilBetty"The fairing is about $400 new, the pannier lid about $200... no idea on the top box lid, of if they can even be ordered anymore.

Dropped my 05 Lucifer Orange Tiger a while back and scratched the lid of the Top Box. The insurance company repairers were unable to replace the top box lid as Triumph no longer supply them in Lucifer Orange. They spent a couple of months trying to come up with one that a dealer had in stock but failed so I took a Givi as replacement.

Unfortunately this means you will probably either need to buy a different colour and respray it or pray that an ornage one comes up on ebay.

Good luck.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

EvilBetty

That would explain why when I called Triumph for it today, they put me back on hold for a while when trying to confirm the Lucifer Orange price was the same as the other colors they had pulled up.  He eventually gave up saying it was not showing a price for the ED color code, but he was sure it was the same price... ($260).

That sucks...
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

Yukon

Quote from: "TigerTrax"It used to be ... just buy a motorcycle and ride it.....

That's back when a Center Stand was not considered a farkle!