News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Wounded Tiger

Started by haulin' daze, April 20, 2009, 02:21:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

haulin' daze

So I put in the brand spankin' new battery, all charged up, and...she won't start. She won't even shine her lights or budge a needle on the dash.  

I'm just getting it out of my pal's garage from the long winter. Like I said, new battery, no problems at all last year, up to putting it away for the winter.

All fuses are perfect. All contacts/visible wiring great. Even had a quick charger/jumper hooked up and still nothing. No injector noise, no lights, nada.  Not a lot of options as far as space/tools available, so anything semi-major requires a lift to the local Triumph shop. I even had "the guy next door who knows everything about bikes" look for 15 minutes.  :roll:

Any of this sound familiar to anyone?   :BangHead

Stretch

You said "all fuses okay".  Does that include the master fuse on the left side of the battery box?

HappyMan

I was just goin' there myself Stretch.  Sounds like the culprit to me.  I seem to remember blowing that one myself once....
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

JetdocX

Polarity?  Then master fuse. :wink:
From parts unknown.

HappyMan

Quote from: "JetdocX"Polarity?  Then master fuse. :wink:

Doh!
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

EvilBetty

I would check your ground(s)... if at all loose that could have corroded a bit over the winter.  Remove, clean, and reinstall.
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

haulin' daze

Hope to get back over there to take a look today. Thanks for the input, I knew it could be something simple. Hopefully you're all right.

I love the info I can get from all you guys at this site. Thanks  :D

haulin' daze

Okay, okay. So I was fearing the worst for my bike. That's why I turned to the experts; you guys. It was the main fuse on the side of the battery box. I didn't even know that was there. I ASSuMEd all fuses were together on the panel  :oops: .

She started right up after I popped in a new one, and is now resting comfortably back home.

Thanks again, and sorry my question was a serious insult to everybody's superior intelligence. :thumbsup

EvilBetty

Now to find out why the main fuse popped...  :cry:

haulin' daze

Too much juice from the charger/jumper is my guess.  :roll:

Stretch

Quote from: "haulin' daze"She started right up after I popped in a new one, and is now resting comfortably back home.

Awesome!  :thumbsup

EvilBetty

Quote from: "haulin' daze"Too much juice from the charger/jumper is my guess.  :roll:

That would do it!