News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Best tires for gravel roads

Started by DRB Imagery, April 30, 2009, 05:03:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRB Imagery

Im looking for some opinions on the best tires for alot of gravel road traveling, I have Anakee's on now and they suck. Would rather not go with a full MX tire but if thats the best solution then I will ,,,,thanks

2006 Tiger

sanjoh

The anakees do suck in gravel! I can recommend the tkc80.  I have the dunlop d607 and the are surprisingly well footed in the loose stuff.

What's the mix of street and gravel your riding?
01 Tiger
00 XR650R
84 VF1K
05 R6

flux

I run a TKC front and an Anakee or Tourance on the rear.  It's a good performance vs mileage combo for me.   8)

DRB Imagery

Quote from: "sanjoh"The anakees do suck in gravel! I can recommend the tkc80.  I have the dunlop d607 and the are surprisingly well footed in the loose stuff.

What's the mix of street and gravel your riding?

60/40 pavement to offroad or so. Im looking at the MEFO's but they dont have a tubeless. Thanks