News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Added Another One To The Stable...... **Updated With Pics**

Started by Tom Herold, May 06, 2009, 03:17:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Stenhouse

Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

TheMule

Quote from: "John Stenhouse"Sweet

+1
Todd

2001 Roulette Green Tiger -

http://tigertriple.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5825

Jomama

Thats purty.  Nice find.

So whats the 1200 in these?  Just a bigger triple or something else?
1996 Tiger
2008 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 Dbl Cab Longbed SR5
**sold** /cry...  1993 FZJ80 Toyota Land Cruiser

aeronca

that thing's sweet           -       -       -       -        you still make me sick :D

by the way, can i come over and play?
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Tom Herold

aeronca, I have plenty of toys and I don't mind sharing, come on over!  :mrgreen:

The inline four in the Trophy is the same engine as the triple in the Hinckley Classics, Trophy 900, and I believe early Tigers, which are 885's, they just added another cylinder. Triumph is known for "parts bin" bikes, which is something I appreciate because a lot of parts and pieces are interchangeable and, in theory, more accessible.

The 96 Thunderbird I restored has the 885 in it. When I pulled it apart to rebuild, I found it's simplicity refreshing and the working parts to be of a very high quality. That's why I didn't have any reservation when the deal on this Trophy popped up, the engines are known for their durability and longevity. This bike is 13 years old and only has 19000 miles on it. That's only around 1500 miles a year. I put 1500 miles on a bike in a month!

Over the next couple of weeks I'll do the valve shims (the tool Mustang sold me's getting a workout this year!), and other stuff needed to ensure it's healthy then wring it out and see what she's got.

The problem now is the wife sat on it with the side stand down and stated it fit her nicely, she can flat foot it at a stop and is already looking forward to giving it a spin.  She already adopted my T-Bird as her own and now she's eye balling my Trophy......   :BangHead  It's a good thing the Tiger's so tall that she can't even beging to think about getting on it or I'd probably lose that too!
1999 Triumph Trophy 1200
2002 Triumph Sprint ST
2005 Triumph Tiger

"When people believe you to be the fool, why open your mouth and remove all doubt....??"
Gen. George S. Patton