News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

12,000 mile service

Started by tediem, June 14, 2004, 05:44:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tediem

Hi,

This is kind of directed at the UK based owners...... How much (roughly) should I expect to pay for the 12K service for a 885i. Have been quoted between £150 and £500 and am a bit confused. I know the 12K is a big one for the tiger.

Cheers

Mark

12K is an all day service. So you're going to have around 8 hours labour. That's the variable bit 'coz it will depend on that particular dealers' charge.

Then you add on all the other bits like oil & filter, spark plugs etc. It would be advisable to check things like tyres, chain & sprockets and brake pads yourself before it goes in, and tell them whether or not you think it needs them.

I have not heard of any bike needing valve shims at 12K but, of course, they've got to check them just in case.

Anyway, I paid £299 for my 12K at Robinsons of Canterbury in the spring of 2003.

Chris Canning

Well i'd like to tell the hole story but we live in a much smaller world than we realise!!!.

Took mine in for a 12000(at 15000) told them not to touch anything apart from the motor,didn't want air filter(had a new K+N in),but wanted fuel filter,motor checked for shimming,new tune,and oil and filter(didn't want the latter really but everyones got make a liveing!!)

They changed 6 shims(all exhaust),i know the guy who did it very well,(who worked at a previous shop i'd used before it went bust!!!) otherwise i'd probably not believed him,but even he said he'd never known so many needing changeing,and certainley not all exhaust,I wasn't suprised because the bike over three years has had a really pasteing,includeing the 1050 miles in 16 hours.

It came to £300 which i thought was steep,but the bill adds up so there you go!!.

Chris

tediem

Thanks for the advice, mine came in at £366, bit steep but the bike feels way better than when I dropped it off, oh well at least I have another 12K miles to save up for the next one.

roller

You should try having a Ducati serviced at 12,000 - cost £550 -£600!! That's partly why I collect my first Tiger on Tuesday. A nice new 2005 Lucifer orange. Looking forward to it.

Still got my Ducati ST4S, but that may go up for sale if I enjoy the Tiger as much as I expect to.

ChrisN

Nice move Roller - I'd start composing the Ducati ad.....
Chris

chappers

just noticed this link.

i took mine to triumph york two years ago . 13,000 on clock. i also dropped off , a fuel filter, 3 plugs,

they did full checks , new chain and sprocket, and free d off my brakes . and for that pleasure it set me back 695 quid.

coming up for 24 tho service soon , iam i taking it back there , iam i rollocks