News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Fairing stickers

Started by EvilBetty, February 12, 2009, 11:59:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mat-tiger1

Try this site! They do different colors & types of stickers for Tigers. Maybe U could find something U like to replace the origionals????
Good luck! 8)

[http://www.bikedecals.co.uk/][/url]
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

EvilBetty

No, I want it as it was originally sold.  No stickers.
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

Jon H.

When I purchased my late '01 black Tiger, the PO had covered the original decals with orange reflective tape. It recently began looking a bit ratty so I tried to remove the tape. The tape would not come off without taking the decal with it.  Using a heat gun (tank empty-cap open-good ventilation!), the decals peeled of easily and although it leaves the decal outline in the clearcoat, it's not as visible as you might imagine. I intend to repaint the tank and fairing eventually, but for now I've replaced the decals with black reflective tape cut to the original patterns. Almost invisible in daylight and VERY visible at night.

Jon in SC
2001 Triumph Tiger - Black
1971 Norton Commando - Black
1983 Moto Guzzi LeMans lll - Red
2009 Suzuki DL 650S - Black

jsingraham

I was going to suggest reflective tape.  You might find an orange that is a close match for now that would cover the eyelashes.

I bought a pint of blue and the clear coat here in KC from Carrel Brothers paint up in NKC for abotu $100 to paint my top case to match after I got the 06.  They just did a computer color match for me, and it is perfect as far as I can tell.  Then if you don't do paint yourself, just find someone to do the spray work for you.

I chose another option for my 06 after my little "incident" last year in Arkansas...I put a vinyl car-wrap adhesive on my fairing to cover the scratch up as I didn't want to mess with painting it and didn't want to spend the money on a new fariing...after all it was only a scratch and not cracked...see pic below which is pretty grainy as it is from my camera phone.  I made a mirror image for the left side tool..looks better than the white road rash it had before, and is also unique.

Jason in KC
06 Triumph Tiger - Caspian Blue
07 Yamaha FJR - Black Cherry
86 Honda TR200 FatCat
85 Yamaha BW200 Bigwheel
02 jr 50(really for the kids!)