News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Color

Started by abruzzi, June 11, 2009, 06:18:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abruzzi

I've been thinking of giving the tigger (Steamer) a respray.  A volunteer projectionist at the movie theater I work at owns a body shop so I can get it done well and done cheap.  So I'm scouting for color or design ideas.  My first inclanation is a silver--like Sin_Tigers:

But I was also thinking Yellow with a black and white checkered racing stripe.  Specifically I'm thinking of the scorched yellow on the current tiger:

If you could respray your bike, what color would you go to?

Geof

coachgeo

what color?

many factors to consider when chosing a color.

One factor is do you have immediat family like wifey and children :?:

the more of those two... ahhh... children that is.... the more you must consider the factor of....

HERE I AM CAGE DRIVER

Heavy looking into that factor makes one consider Hot Pinks, Neon Greens and the likes LOL.

Was sitting at McDonalds a few weeks ago and a typical old couple went by on their Honda giant bike with NEON helments that screamed at ya.  Thought it was pretty smart myself.
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

Nick Calne

A brace of bad ideas

- absolutely no-one has an orange steamer!
 - steamer are always one colour only, perhaps you could do two?

No need to thank me!
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

abruzzi

I thought of orange, but as I have an orange KTM 950 that might not be appropriate.  I did think of two tone yellow and orange--kind of a seventies thing.  

Geof

abruzzi

Some other colors:

Black and Gold:

Yellow:

Black with Red stripes:

Union Jack:

And of course, the Repsol Colors (pic obviously not a tiger):

Geof

Nick Calne

chairhead

Quote from: "nickcalne"A brace of bad ideas

- absolutely no-one has an orange steamer!
 - steamer are always one colour only, perhaps you could do two?

No need to thank me!

A-hem :roll:

http://tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,5905
03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel

Nick Calne

I take it back.  That's pure class!

Sin_Tiger

Bugger, you beat me to it, I knew i had seen at least that one and maybe another.

Just visited the paitshop yesterday, I will take the big "Triumph" sticker off one side of the tank so that Dr. Mordo can see what it looks like in naked silver  :oops:  8)
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

mat-tiger1

Interesting quandry! Whatever the outcome, don't forget to post some pics!  8) If you need some decals try these guys!

http://www.bikedecals.co.uk/
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "mat-tiger1"If you need some decals try these guys!

http://www.bikedecals.co.uk/

I was looking at their site the other day, difficult to see if the Tiger (Steamer) decal has the drop shadow or not, have you had any from them?
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint